Energize! - A Snake Inspired Puzzle Game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
pevzi
Prole

Re: Energize! - A Snake Inspired Puzzle Game

Post by pevzi »

That's a lovely little puzzle, pretty well-designed from a gameplay standpoint and the visuals are smooth too. I think that it actually has a huge potential for becoming a bigger game with more levels as there are plenty of gameplay elements to use. However, here are some of my complaints. I didn't get the point of that huge lag between the actual player position and the visuals during the first three levels, it only makes the game confusing for a first-time player. Sound effects are ok overall but I have to admit that the background drone is tiresome. And finally, it would be really nice to have an "undo" button so that you wouldn't need to restart the whole level because of a single hasty keypress. Anyway that was an enjoyable experience, congrats for finishing your first game!
Ikroth
Citizen

Post by Ikroth »

This is a really cool game! I like the idea of it, it might be fun as a mobile game too. It definitely needs a reset button, maybe Enter or R, hold ESC to reset, or something like that. I also wouldn't mind seeing some effects, like shaders and particles (I'm a sucker for shaders).
ReFreezed
Party member

Post by ReFreezed »

pevzi wrote:That's a lovely little puzzle, pretty well-designed from a gameplay standpoint and the visuals are smooth too. I think that it actually has a huge potential for becoming a bigger game with more levels as there are plenty of gameplay elements to use. However, here are some of my complaints. I didn't get the point of that huge lag between the actual player position and the visuals during the first three levels, it only makes the game confusing for a first-time player. Sound effects are ok overall but I have to admit that the background drone is tiresome. And finally, it would be really nice to have an "undo" button so that you wouldn't need to restart the whole level because of a single hasty keypress. Anyway that was an enjoyable experience, congrats for finishing your first game!
Thanks a lot for the feedback! It's very valuable. And I'm glad you enjoyed the game. :)
Ikroth wrote:This is a really cool game! I like the idea of it, it might be fun as a mobile game too. It definitely needs a reset button, maybe Enter or R, hold ESC to reset, or something like that. I also wouldn't mind seeing some effects, like shaders and particles (I'm a sucker for shaders).
Actually, you can reset the level by pressing backspace. Maybe there should have been a tutorial section that mentioned this. All controls are listed in the help menu that appear when you press F1.

And you like shaders? Me too! :awesome: I only wish I knew how to write any good ones... lol Anyway, thanks for the feedback!
Tools: Hot Particles, LuaPreprocess, InputField, (more) Games: Momento Temporis
"If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."
gabdab
Prole

Post by gabdab »

:crazy: Top !
randomnovice
Party member

Post by randomnovice »

Loving playing this game! Well done! Kudos!

A little addition might be to automatically reload the level when stuck (the snake curled into itself with nowhere to go).
ReFreezed
Party member

Post by ReFreezed »

randomnovice wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:52 am Loving playing this game! Well done! Kudos!

A little addition might be to automatically reload the level when stuck (the snake curled into itself with nowhere to go).
Thanks a lot! :)

I think having an undo button would be nicer to the player than an automatic reload. The player may also want to look at the level before reloading to try to figure out what went wrong.
Tools: Hot Particles, LuaPreprocess, InputField, (more) Games: Momento Temporis
"If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."