Momento Temporis: Light from the Deep - a Metroidvania (Steam + itch.io)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
ReFreezed
Party member

Re: Momento Temporis - a Metroidvania (on Steam!)

Post by ReFreezed »

New major update: Version 1.0 (no more beta!)

New things since last update includes a way to upgrade stats and challenge rooms. Full patch notes here: http://www.momentotemporis.com/news/mom ... l-release/

Even though the game isn't in beta or Early Access anymore the game will still be updated and new parts of the world will be added. So stay tuned for that! :D
Tools: Hot Particles, LuaPreprocess, InputField, (more) Games: Momento Temporis
"If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."
ReFreezed
Party member

Re: Momento Temporis - a Metroidvania (in Steam Early Access!)

Post by ReFreezed »

weitnow wrote:wow...congratz for this great game...Looks awesome. I just wanted to buy it....but unfortunately there is no Linux-Version yet :(....i hope there will be in the future?

I just started out with lua and love2d....i have some programming Background in pygame / python and monogame c#....and also tried unity....but i decided to go on a more simple Approach in which you have to more Basic stuff by yourself. Its nice to see, what is possible with love2d.
A Linux version will definitively be added someday (once I know more about Linux, especially together with Steam :? ).

I chose LÖVE specifically because of how simple it is to use (both the API and having Lua as the programming language) and how it still provides a solid ground to build almost any kind of game upon. I also like doing most things myself which is why a less known framework like this isn't a problem (in contrast to Unity where there's probably pre-made assets and tools etc. available for everything already). Anyway, I hope you'll find LÖVE as enjoyable to work with as I do. :)
Murii
Party member

Post by Murii »

Well done!
weitnow
Prole

Post by weitnow »

hello ReFreezed

I assume you are going to spread news when a linux version is availabe in this forum? I really would like to try your game....it looks awesome.....and i love the videotrailer of it even more, because i know it was done with lua and love :) Furthermore i like the art-style (love pixelart) :).
ReFreezed
Party member

Post by ReFreezed »

Yes, when there's a significant update to the game I'll write about it here. :)

You can also follow the game on Facebook or Twitter for announcements.
easy82
Party member

Post by easy82 »

Congrats on version 1.0! The game looks awesome, I've watched a gameplay video yesterday morning.
ReFreezed
Party member

Post by ReFreezed »

New major update: Version 1.1.1 (so many 1s!)

A bit late, but here's the update post. This version adds a new section to the innermost part of Cold Mountain. Full patch notes here:
http://www.momentotemporis.com/news/new ... for-1-1-1/
weitnow
Prole

Post by weitnow »

Hello...

For everybody who's using Linux and would like to purchase the game in steam an play it on linux...there is a solution provided from the user 0x72. I tried it (purchase game in steam) and then download the osx-version of the game with steamCMD. Then just use winzip to extract the love-file and play it with the love2d-version of linux. It works flawlessly :D
@weitnow I don't have a linux machine to try here but you should be able to just strip love out of the .exe - most likely the .exe file is just love.exe .. .love file of the game, I admit it's a bit hacky.

Another approach would be to use SteamCMD[1][2] to download a mac version. Mac application is just a directory so all the files are there.

[1]https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wik ... stallation
[2]http://askubuntu.com/questions/651059/h ... r-platform
ReFreezed
Party member

Post by ReFreezed »

@weitnow Thanks for providing a solution for Linux users. For anyone not using Steam the game can also be purchased and downloaded through the Humble Widget on the game's website: http://www.momentotemporis.com/
ReFreezed
Party member

Re: Momento Temporis: Light from the Deep - a Metroidvania (on Steam!)

Post by ReFreezed »

Hi again fellow lövers!

I wanted to share the status of, and the upcoming plans for, Momento Temporis. After having worked mostly on Momento Temporis: Arena for some time now I'm ready to get back into Momento Temporis: Light from the Deep again. So, here we go...

Part 1 - Released
The first part contains the first three areas of the game, naturally. You slowly explore, run into obstacles, possibly die a lot, get lost, eventually find some upgrades and spells, and so forth. However, as you explore you'll probably find several caves that lead to dead ends - and that's where we have...

Part 2 - The Next Big Content Update
Three completely new areas will be added to the game for this update, and several new bosses! You may have felt that the game doesn't have enough interesting bosses, and I totally agree! So, bosses is one of the focuses of this part. We'll also see more situations where different spells are essential for survivability and progression. But it's not over yet - finally we have...

Part 3 - The Conclusion
So far pretty much nothing has been revealed about Hania's past or why things are the way they are in the world of Momento Temporis. One focus of Part 3 is the story and lore. This part will be what ties all things together. We will also see some of the toughest challenges so far in here!

Momento Temporis: Arena
As I've written in another thread, there is now a multiplayer add-on available called Momento Temporis: Arena! I will split development time between Arena and Light from the Deep in a way that seems appropriate. (Haven't figured this one out completely yet.) I'm interested in hearing what people think of Arena. It's available on itch.io

Other News
As of this summer the game has no publisher anymore so now it's just me doing all things related to Momento Temporis, including staying in contact with the community around the web. I have to confess I've always been pretty bad at using social media and stuff, being mostly a technical person, but I'm going to do my best to post updates and answer questions anyone has.

Ok, so that's what I have to say for now. Stay tuned for more info over time and, eventually, the release of Part 2!