[WIP] Rainbow Fart : Silent, but Colorful

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
xilluzionsx
Prole

[WIP] Rainbow Fart : Silent, but Colorful

Post by xilluzionsx »

Hello all!

I have been working on prototypes for side scrollers for the past few months. I am currently slowly making the game mechanics, as my friend is making the art assets. We have been trying to make small steps, and making sure we get one thing finished before moving onto another area of the mechanics. So, our game idea will be placed here later, but I really want this as a update thread of my progression though my implementation of the core game mechanics.

As of currently, I have the player able to run around using Box2D. He is fully animated, and I think I like how the controls feel. I have test objects in there like a pushable box and a platform to jump on. It is not much, but my current work is to make the player character move fluidly.

I am always open to suggestions to anything in my code, as well as any constructive criticism for how the player controls.
Attachments
SuperGame.love
(71.69 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Chroteus
Citizen

Re: [WIP] Rainbow Fart : Silent, but Colorful

Post by Chroteus »

Nice butt ;)
Can't say much, as the game is at its earlier stages, but controls mid air feel iffy. Jumping on the platform is harder than it should be and not in a good way. IMO, you should add more control mid-jump.

EDIT: What I mean by that is when you try to jump while idle to the platform, you barely move. Make acceleration faster. Would feel much, much smoother.
xilluzionsx
Prole

Re: [WIP] Rainbow Fart : Silent, but Colorful

Post by xilluzionsx »

Thanks! Its a real perky isn't it ;)

I understood right when you said jump, haha. I had a feeling that would be talked about. I just do not like a large area of movement when the player is idle and jumps. And that is what I have only been able to accomplish as of yet. I will do some test tonight and hopefully, get a nice working jump.

I'll try to update this every day. Also, I will be re-working the testing area. We have a background to test with, and that will be included in my next little build.