The Perfect Meeting

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Tesselode
Party member

The Perfect Meeting

Post by Tesselode »

This game will change your life. I spent like 4 days on it.

Get it on itch
steVeRoll
Party member

Re: The Perfect Meeting

Post by steVeRoll »

This is the most wonderful experience I will ever have in my entire life. Thank you for making my dreams come true.
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

This is satisying, yes.

lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

I need this on my phone to show it off to my friends... any plans on that?
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

Positive07 wrote:I need this on my phone to show it off to my friends... any plans on that?
I don't know how I would do the controls on a touch screen...
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

Tesselode wrote:I don't know how I would do the controls on a touch screen...
Here's one way to do it:

Code: https://gist.github.com/qubodup/acec7c6 ... c380bb2db1
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

I could implement swipe if needed... so you can swipe left, right, up and down.

I actually have a lot of experience with Android, I implemented a thing that uses the accelerometer to detect the orientation of the screen and have worked with multitouch too... So if you are interested I may have some time this weekend

PS: Qubodup you can totally cite me in your videos haha no need to hide it. And it's great to see such a thorough tutorial!
end
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

Positive07 wrote:I could implement swipe if needed... so you can swipe left, right, up and down.

I actually have a lot of experience with Android, I implemented a thing that uses the accelerometer to detect the orientation of the screen and have worked with multitouch too... So if you are interested I may have some time this weekend

PS: Qubodup you can totally cite me in your videos haha no need to hide it. And it's great to see such a thorough tutorial!
My concern is that swiping is too slow of an action to really be able to nudge the logo effectively, but maybe it would actually work well. And of course the gameplay could be adjusted to better suit touch controls. If you want to play around with it I'd definitely be curious to see what you could come up with!

Do you need the code? I could go ahead and open-source it. It's written in MoonScript, so it would be kind of a pain to work with the compiled Lua.
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

I don't intend to release this on my own nor republsh it so if you want to keep your code private you can PM me... If you need a demo of swipe controls I can probably write one (this weekend) and send it to you so you can decide on it. But yeah, if I have to modify your code I would prefere to work with the Moonscript code (even if I don't know moonscript that much), otherwise I can probably write a swipe library.

I'll test the game on my PC and see how swipe can affect the gameplay... It'll probably be more strategic than reflex based at that point (probably harder than on PC)
EDIT: Yeah this will be as hard as hell hahaha
end
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

Positive07 wrote:I don't intend to release this on my own nor republsh it so if you want to keep your code private you can PM me... If you need a demo of swipe controls I can probably write one (this weekend) and send it to you so you can decide on it. But yeah, if I have to modify your code I would prefere to work with the Moonscript code (even if I don't know moonscript that much), otherwise I can probably write a swipe library.

I'll test the game on my PC and see how swipe can affect the gameplay... It'll probably be more strategic than reflex based at that point (probably harder than on PC)
EDIT: Yeah this will be as hard as hell hahaha
Feel free to take a look at the code: https://github.com/tesselode/the-perfect-meeting

and good luck!