Metanet Hunter CD (IT'S ON STEAM)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
NightKawata
Party member

Metanet Hunter CD (IT'S ON STEAM)

Post by NightKawata »

WAAAZZZUUUPPP!!!
Remember that topic I made a year ago about this game? No? Me either.
But hey, the game's out now.
AND it's on Steam.

https://nightkawata.itch.io/metanet-hunter-cd
http://store.steampowered.com/app/586570

DA PLOT
There's a bad dude named ROTH, and he's found himself a supercomputer named the Metanet Terminal! He's also discovered the power of the Chaos Orbs, using them to power up himself, and the machine! It's up to you, Kinzo, to find and destroy these dubious devices, and perhaps encounter the man himself; give him a good whoopin'! These spheres won't be easy to just smash and gas, they're protected by a handful of baddies, and a superpowered series of bosses! It's time to get terminal!

DA FEATUREZ
  • 8 action-packed stages! Roam the Catacombs, or delve into the Desert! The choices are yours, and yours alone.
  • Get your hands on seven unique suits for your equipping pleasure. Each one's got their own skills, and you'll (literally) have a blast using them!
  • Fight seven deadly superbosses!! Take them down, and crush their Chaos Orb! There's even a secret boss fight that can be discovered for the keen-eyed.
  • Featuring a radical soundtrack by an even more radical guy, SDAce! He's back for the third time, and what he whipped up will shock you. In a good way!
  • Get yourself some upgrades! Look hard enough to find new powerups to enhance your offensive capabilities! What's a hunter without his hunting powers?!
  • Find Mastery Crystals inside the stages! They're tough to get, but that's what's in a name! Collect them all to unlock the Ultimate Challenge Stage.
  • Featuring a brand new physics engine! This one provides an infinite amount of enhancements over the previous one, and ensures Kinzo's control is tight as titanium, yo.
  • Coming soon with free updates! We'll be adding in more content once the game's launched on all the platforms we want! Everybody loves more food on the table, and we do too!]
DA GOAL
We're planning to get this game onto Steam Greenlight, itch.io, Desura, Gog, and soon after launch, we'll be shooting for an Android/iOS port! I'm expecting some fun to get the last two done, and I still don't have the hardware for iOS!

But the main meat of the game is to be easily replayable, provide lots of options with the different suits, and provide level design that's got multiple solutions, and never stops the flow. It's flow all day and we're ready to go, bro.

This is also the big anniversary title for Metanet Hunter's Year of the Hunter, as this series is a staggering FOUR years old! Holy wow! You would never have known that unless I said it!

DA PICTUREZ

HERE'S A VIDEO, BRO

NOW WHAT DO I DO?!
Send comments. Send crates of counterfeit bills. Send some love! Get ready to play it NOW!
Hey, why not even make a let's play once it's out around?

You can buy it on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/586570
You can even buy the game DRM-free here: https://nightkawata.itch.io/metanet-hunter-cd

IT'S TIME TO GET TERMINAL!!!
Last edited by NightKawata on Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:51 am, edited 8 times in total.
"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor
Nixola
Inner party member

Re: METANET HUNTER CD!! (Now on Greenlight!)

Post by Nixola »

That looks awesome, and good luck on Steam release! does it have fishing
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
NightKawata
Party member

Post by NightKawata »

Nixola wrote:That looks awesome, and good luck on Steam release! does it have fishing
Thanks! I'll probably need more than luck!!!!

and god dammit with the fishing lmao
"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor
alberto_lara
Party member

Post by alberto_lara »

That's a fine work, keep it going!
NightKawata
Party member

Re: METANET HUNTER CD (COMING NEXT MONTH)

Post by NightKawata »

Just wanted to give out a quick status update: The game is done like dinner, and we're doing the last remaining bits of polish to ensure this one shines real bright, you feel?

Get ready to choose a new you on February 7th.
Sir_Silver
Party member

Re: METANET HUNTER CD (COMING FEB 7TH)

Post by Sir_Silver »

Really cool man! It's always exciting to see people being successful in the same engine I like to fiddle with.
NightKawata
Party member

Re: METANET HUNTER CD (COMING FEB 7TH)

Post by NightKawata »

Sir_Silver wrote:Really cool man! It's always exciting to see people being successful in the same engine I like to fiddle with.
Shoot for the stars!

I also have some other news about the game in the form of:

Who's ready to see this game on Steam?!
MasterGeek
Prole

Re: METANET HUNTER CD (STEAM RELEASE)

Post by MasterGeek »

bump
hatninja
Prole

Re: Metanet Hunter CD (IT'S ON STEAM)

Post by hatninja »

Man, that is really cool to see. Congratulations on the steam release!
NightKawata
Party member

Re: Metanet Hunter CD (IT'S ON STEAM)

Post by NightKawata »

hatninja wrote:Man, that is really cool to see. Congratulations on the steam release!
yeah you wanna key i got some keys fam