Game idea checking for interest

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
ExtraTerrestrial
Prole

Re: Game idea checking for interest

Post by ExtraTerrestrial »

I ment to say it was an idea for a rouge like game or at least in that vein. I personally love a story line in games I play also I know the idea is cliche but I have more written including some technical combat weapon mechanics that is more the set up. You see this is going to be the first game I've designed I've done some tutorials but this is gonna be from scratch.So the point of putting the plot out there besides testing for interest was to ask opinions on libraries and tools and really any pointers oh I also should put out there I want to make it primarily for Android.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Do you plan on integrating ads as well? Implementing admob or other ad providers to make an "ad-riddled-ware" may deter others to ever consider playing your game, though that's just my opinion, of course; and don't get me started on pay-to-win / microtransactions... then again, plenty of fish in the sea, as it were. (this is exactly why i never played plants vs zombies 2)
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
ExtraTerrestrial
Prole

Post by ExtraTerrestrial »

Im planing on makeing it for fun then seeing where it gose .If it dose end up going some where I'd say donations or if you've ever played cardinal quest 2 you can unlock every thing but you can unlock it now if your willing to pay. However it's not pay to win it's just do you wanna play a few more hours to unlock that new toy or do you have some cash to burn. I'm always broke so pay to win makes me hate games I love online stratgy games and I've put many hours into some of them only to hit a wall of pay to win players tearing me up.
NightKawata
Party member

Post by NightKawata »

So, the best advice I can give you is this:

But seriously. The best way to get things done is to stop thinking about them and get 'er done.
Worry about making a good game, whether or not it's original. If it's good, people'll like it.

Now go strut your stuff.
"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor