Blood Alchemy - Grid Strategy Game (Fire Emblem)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
DanielPower
Citizen

Blood Alchemy - Grid Strategy Game (Fire Emblem)

Post by DanielPower »

I wrote this game for the 2017 Game Jam, but didn't enter it because I didn't have time or a team to create unique assets. The assets used are released under the Creative Commons license, and are created by Andre Mari Coppola.

I've been planning to start working on this game for quite a long time, but due to school and work, I haven't had the time. Conveniently, the Love Game Jam started the same day as my semester break, so despite my ineligability to enter, I used the time as an excuse to begin working on the game. This is my progress in 72 hours (I fixed a couple of bugs with zooming the camera post-jam time, but no gameplay changes have been made from what was finished during the 72 hours).

I will be continuing to work on this and flesh it out into a full game eventually. I'll likely be working on it in small bursts between assignments, or during breaks. There's not much to it yet, but I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to look through the code, and take anything that's useful to you. That is the open source nature :)

PS: The fireball in the toolbar does absolutely nothing at the moment. The intention is to make this a deck building game with spell cards that act like cards in Magic: The Gathering. The bar on the bottom contains your hand, and when complete, you would draw a new card each turn. None of this code is ready yet, so currently this is just a Fire Emblem imitation.

Edit: Press the spacebar to go to the next turn. I'll be adding a button to the UI for this soon.
Attachments
Blood Alchemy.love
(761.47 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
Last edited by DanielPower on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nyenye
Citizen

Re: Blood Alchemy - Grid Strategy Game (Fire Emblem)

Post by nyenye »

Looking great. When I have time, I'll give it a try. Also thanks for making it Open Source. I'll be able to compare with my own code and see my flaws. Thanks again!
undef
Party member

Re: Blood Alchemy - Grid Strategy Game (Fire Emblem)

Post by undef »

Cool!
I'm a sucker for turn based tactic games, and actually it's been my dream for a some time to make a turn based tactics deck building game - I hope I'll do it eventually.
As for sources of inspiration, I really recommend you play "Dream Quest" - it's an excellent but very ugly deck building roguelike, but it's worth every cent. It's both on iOS and Steam/DRM-free.
twitter | steam | indieDB

Check out quadrant on Steam!