Just another Minesweeper

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
BruceTheGoose
Citizen

Just another Minesweeper

Post by BruceTheGoose »

Today I made a simple minesweeper.
ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).gif
ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).gif (2.04 MiB) Viewed 3401 times

[Left Click] - Reveals tile
[Right Click] - Flags Tile

To win, simply flag all the tiles that are bombs. The game gets harder as you progress.

Download below [FIXED first move]:
Attachments
MINESWEEP.love
(229.53 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Last edited by BruceTheGoose on Sat May 06, 2017 4:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
"I don't know."
raidho36
Party member

Re: Just another Minesweeper

Post by raidho36 »

There's this fatal flaw, it doesn't remove the mine from underneath the first tile you open, so there's a chance you'll instantly lose.
BruceTheGoose
Citizen

Post by BruceTheGoose »

raidho36 wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 11:20 pm There's this fatal flaw, it doesn't remove the mine from underneath the first tile you open, so there's a chance you'll instantly lose.
Wow completely forgot to implement that. Got it fixed! If you find anything else, please let me know.
"I don't know."
tlm
Prole

Post by tlm »

Hey, sorry for the bump. New here. Really like your take on the game, the increasing difficulty is something I have never yet seen in any version of Minesweeper. I did have a minor problem with it, however. It's a very mouse-driven game, so I found it rather annoying to have to press a key after every level, there's no point in this -- it's faster to just click the mouse. I fixed the issue myself and have attached a fixed version, so if anyone's looking for a version without the unnecessary keyboard interaction, here it is. If you're not okay with me modifying the game like this, I'll remove it.
Attachments
MINESWEEP.love
(226.28 KiB) Downloaded 101 times