DPlox Parkour 2 [Demo] - Just another 2d platformer

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
DPlayer234
Prole

DPlox Parkour 2 [Demo] - Just another 2d platformer

Post by DPlayer234 »

I've been working on the sequel to my previous game (which was never posted here) for a couple of months now and I'm feeling confident about showing it here. :awesome:

To sum up, it's a 2d platformer/jump 'n' run with a simple (and silly) story to break up the gameplay. Just like its predecessor.
You can run, jump (also from walls and once in mid-air), slide, crawl, and attack. Amazing, isn't it?
The story follows the siblings Denniz and Diana as they do... whatever they are doing. :|
Also, controller support. Because apparently people missed the "Set up Controller" settings in the first game and assumed it was keyboard only.

DPloxParkour_NoMusic.love
(369.51 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
Download with Music from Dropbox

A few screenshot snippets:

And there's still clearly several things to do, including:
  • Adding the remaining levels and areas (4-5 areas planned)
  • Boss enemies... in context of the first point
  • More unlocks
  • (GameJolt) Trophies
  • Making sure object-object collision is working as intended. Always.
  • Mobile support? Maybe?
Anyway, obviously, I'm posting this here because I would like some feedback, both for the game in general (in its current state) and the code. And please report any crashes... It literally takes two clicks. It should at least...
Alsoifanybodycanhelpmefigureoutabetterwaytocheckcollisionsbetweenobjectsthatwouldbeappreciated. :?

Also, if you're interested in the first game, it was released about 1 year ago and is available on GameJolt for free.