Karate Mania II Alpha [Game based on Rhythm Heaven]

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Joelrodiel
Prole

Karate Mania II Alpha [Game based on Rhythm Heaven]

Post by Joelrodiel »

Im a huge fan of the Rhythm Heaven franchise, and I love the music and the art and just about everything about the games. For as long as I remember I wanted to make my own levels. That's when I found out about a program called Karateka Mania, which let you create your own Karate Man stages. I loved this idea and played alot with it. But it lacked customization. So I made one of my own.

Karate Mania II is a program where you can make and play your own and other people's levels. You can edit almost about anything, like the music, sprites, notes, or even the backgrounds. I worked hard on it to stay as close to the original as I could, and I hope you enjoy it!

Basically you hit things with the rhythm.

It comes with three levels already made by me, and please feel free to learn how to use it and make your own!! The instructions are in the readme file.

It also comes with a really rough level editor for easier level making, but it's still under development, but its usuable.

Screenshots:

Basic controls:

Space or Z - Hit the notes

Q - quick exit the program

M - mute music

Enjoy!
Attachments
Karate Mania II.zip
(18.07 MiB) Downloaded 631 times
MetalMelnic
Prole

Re: Karate Mania II Alpha [Game based on Rhythm Heaven]

Post by MetalMelnic »

Hey, this is really neat! I like the animations of the karate guy and the simplicity of the gameplay. I didn't try out the level editor yet, but thanks for the inclusion! I think you can really expand on it! Your should add more moves for the karate guy, like side kicks, jump kicks, blocks and jabs! It would really make the gameplay more lively if you could do those move combos by rapidly pressing keys while the object is falling for maximum score. Also the background could move and shimmer in response to the music or moves ei. Earthbound style. Great game!
Examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaL8m6dGros
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evK5yR6FxSk
Before we learn to run, we must first learn to walk;
before we learn to walk, we must first learn to crawl;
Why should programming be any different?
undef
Party member

Re: Karate Mania II Alpha [Game based on Rhythm Heaven]

Post by undef »

Nice! I always loved Rhythm Heaven! :)
twitter | steam | indieDB

Check out quadrant on Steam!