Zombie Run - my daughter's game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Townsie
Prole

Zombie Run - my daughter's game

Post by Townsie »

My daughter - who's 8, came up to me after school saying she has an idea for a game where you control a ghost girl, running through a creepy forest, attacking the animals.

We went to work, and the result is this - Zombie Run.
She made all of the pixel art. I threw something ugly together in Löve, and we made it over the weekend.
JoshGrams
Prole

Re: Zombie Run - my daughter's game

Post by JoshGrams »

Nice! That's pretty sweet pixel art for an eight-year-old. I like the differences between the characters.
Townsie
Prole

Post by Townsie »

Yeah, she did real well. It was a pretty cool experience. We stayed up late, put on a great soundtrack and just jammed.
robotron9000
Prole

Post by robotron9000 »

This is great. I love how there's a tactical choice about which character will let you CRUSH your speed run. Is Wolf' speed boost worth the fact he can't swim?

Here's my best with the wolf.
zrhigh.jpeg
zrhigh.jpeg (52.08 KiB) Viewed 6694 times

That thing where you press enter, and a little debugging windows comes down, how did you make that? It's really cool.
Townsie
Prole

Post by Townsie »

robotron9000 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:05 am This is great. I love how there's a tactical choice about which character will let you CRUSH your speed run. Is Wolf' speed boost worth the fact he can't swim?
Thanks for the kind words! Yeah Wolf is pretty OP. And you did crush my record by a second!
That thing where you press enter, and a little debugging windows comes down, how did you make that? It's really cool.
That's a neat little "shim" called Cupid.
nyenye
Citizen

Post by nyenye »

Can I please employ your daughter? She is 10 times better than me at pixelart. Nice one.
Townsie
Prole

Post by Townsie »

nyenye wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:51 am Can I please employ your daughter? She is 10 times better than me at pixelart. Nice one.
Yeah me too. I struck gold.