BRiTEBOT - 3D Puzzle game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
alesan99
Citizen

BRiTEBOT - 3D Puzzle game

Post by alesan99 »

ABOUT
I've been working on this game for a really long time and I'm excited to release it!
This is a 3D puzzle game about collecting wrenches. Each level has a unique gimmick that you must use to help you (for example, pushing blocks, springs, teleporters, etc.)
There are 12 stages in total. You'll need to complete the first 6 to unlock the bonus night levels.
Note: If the game runs slow make sure you turn off "good graphics" in the settings.

SCREENSHOTS
ImageImage
Video: https://youtu.be/FoWsmIvntYI

DOWNLOADS
WINDOWS (.exe)
OSX (.app)
LINUX (.love)
SOURCE (LOVE 0.10.X)

HELP
Instructions:
- In order to collect the wrenches you must move and jump.
- You can hold the move keys but if you need precision I recommend tapping the keys every time you want to move (You can also move faster this way).
- While jumping you can move twice in the air, but you can only jump on top of a block with your first move.
Controls (Change in settings):
  • Move: W A S D Keys
    Camera: Arrow Keys (Or drag with mouse)
    Jump: Space
    Pause: Escape/Enter/Select Key (If you get stuck, pause to reset)
Settings:
If the game runs slow I strongly suggest turning off "good graphics" in the settings.
Doing this makes the game use spritebatches, but as a result shadows are simplified. Shaders are also disabled in this setting.

Hope you enjoy!
Last edited by alesan99 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robotron9000
Prole

Re: BRiTEBOT - 3D Puzzle game

Post by robotron9000 »

Epic.

I'm on the sixth level now. Haven't worked out how to get that wrench. Sliding the sections around is great though on that sixth level. Can't wait till figure it it out.

One thing I noticed is that the jumping mechanics seem quite difficult. Like if I want to get my full two square jump distance in I need to hit space and the the direction key twice super quickly. Since the game has a relaxed vibe, have you considered making the jumping a bit more forgiving?

Overall this is just simply amazing.
4aiman
Party member

Post by 4aiman »

WOW. Just wow...

Other than the game being uber-cool, how did you... 3d-ed this?
I've found no shaders for that and no love3d. A raycaster, maybe?
alesan99
Citizen

Post by alesan99 »

robotron9000 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:18 pmI'm on the sixth level now. Haven't worked out how to get that wrench. Sliding the sections around is great though on that sixth level. Can't wait till figure it it out.
Since the game has a relaxed vibe, have you considered making the jumping a bit more forgiving?
Thanks for trying it out.

I'll give you a hint for level 6, you need to use the box for 2 different things.
I increased the jump time a bit so hopefully that's enough to move twice. You can also just hold down the key to make it easier.
4aiman wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:23 pm Other than the game being uber-cool, how did you... 3d-ed this?
I've found no shaders for that and no love3d. A raycaster, maybe?
I just used some simple sprite shearing and scaling.
You can take a peek at the "drawtexture" function in the game.lua if you want, but the code is messy.
robotron9000
Prole

Post by robotron9000 »

alesan99 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:29 pm I'll give you a hint for level 6, you need to use the box for 2 different things.
I increased the jump time a bit so hopefully that's enough to move twice. You can also just hold down the key to make it easier.
Haha nothing like a hint from the creator of the game and them making it easier at your request to make life easier. ;)

I'm up to three wrenches on all but the last and second to last level. Reckon I'll have the time to finish the game off in the next couple of days.

Is it meant to be possible to get all 3 wrenches on all of the levels without resetting? On some of them it seemed impossible to get all three in one play, and I had to rest to go back for one. If it' supposed to be possible to get all three in one go for every level, I might take a crack at doing that.
alesan99
Citizen

Post by alesan99 »

robotron9000 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:18 pmIs it meant to be possible to get all 3 wrenches on all of the levels without resetting? On some of them it seemed impossible to get all three in one play, and I had to rest to go back for one. If it' supposed to be possible to get all three in one go for every level, I might take a crack at doing that.
It's possible to do every level without resetting (As seen here: https://youtu.be/FoWsmIvntYI), but If you make some wrong moves with the boxes it might be necessary to reset.

EDIT: Updated the game to allow jumping after moving off an edge.
AbeFel
Prole

Post by AbeFel »

Amazing alesan! I love the design and look of it.