Müsicc, a multi-music-playing software

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Le Codex
Prole

Müsicc, a multi-music-playing software

Post by Le Codex »

Hi,

I made a little music-editing software called Müsicc. It's rather basic and so I post it so I could get suggestions of things to add/change/remove.
Capture12.PNG
Capture12.PNG (60.36 KiB) Viewed 2880 times
Here is the first window you'll see when launching the program: the files inside the "Samples" folder. (WARNING: Do not load files with a name containing non UTF-8 symbols like ", ' or anything that LÖVE cannot draw with the basic font.)

Here you can navigate with your mouse and choose your first sample. (MWUP and MWDOWN to navigate if you have too many samples.) Click on "Change folder..." to change folder (no joke... :ehem:).
Capture13.PNG
Capture13.PNG (7.94 KiB) Viewed 2880 times
Once you have selected a sample, you will arrive on this page. Here you can see the sample(s) selected (Press escape to switch between editing and browsing).

When you hover a song, you can hear it play. It will pause when you remove your mouse. You can toggle this option by pressing space.

M1 rewinds the song. M2 stops it. M3/Enter toggles if the song is playing permanently or not. L/R to change Volume (V:). CTRL + U/D to change pitch (P:). The change in pitch is of 1 semitone. If you do those changes while hovering "Modify all samples", you will affect all samples (... -_-).

CTRL + L/R to move back/forth in the music by 1 second. E to toggle Volume Inversion (when hovering "Modify all samples", the volume modification will be reversed. Use it to switch between two music smoothly).

S/F to toggle Start/End flags at the current music's position (represented by the green bar). Those flags are loop-flags. When the music reaches the End-flag, it goes to the Start-flag. This can be used to create loops (Start before End) or to skip a part of the music (End before Start). D to toggle the flags.

That's all for now, I'll update this thread if I add new things.
You'll have to decompile the file to add music in the Samples folder (it's empty).

Edits:
0.1 "Volume Update" : Added Volume Inversion, Fixed a bug where you couldn't go below 0.1 volume, instead of 0.
Müsicc.love
(2.81 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Good coding!
Last edited by Le Codex on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

if your.timeSpeed > 0 then universe:update(dt) else universe:destroy() end
zorg
Party member

Re: Müsicc, a music-editing software

Post by zorg »

Not really a music editor per-se, more like a (pretty bare) music player, mostly with basic controls. (yes, unless the pitch setting can modify pitch without affecting tempo, a.k.a. Source:setPitch, then that's also a basic control) minus balance/panning.

Also, terminologically, i wouldn't call a whole music track/file a "sample" unless you can play it with different pitches, like a piano... though we established before that this isn't a composing software.

Also, no .love file, nor a link to a repository.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Le Codex
Prole

Re: Müsicc, a multi-music-playing software

Post by Le Codex »

Hi zorg,

In fact, it's actually for now just a multi-music player, but I was thinking actually of binding the keyboard as a piano that uses the loops you can create with the flags.

I'm really sorry for the .love file, I might have forgotten to upload it, I'm so confused right now.

Code: Select all

if your.timeSpeed > 0 then universe:update(dt) else universe:destroy() end