Animal Factory

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
grump
Party member

Re: Animal Factory

Post by grump »

Azhukar wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:38 am I'm curious about the code obfuscation, did you use some public tool?
No. I'm writing a compiler that combines all required files into one and does minification on the result, and optionally turn it into bytecode. The bytecode step was omitted here to ensure maximum compatibility with different runtime versions.

It's experimental, nowhere near completion and I don't know yet if I will publish the finished project. The compiler is based on this code.
richmondlgf
Prole

Post by richmondlgf »

code is so obscure!
Azhukar
Party member

Post by Azhukar »

grump wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:15 amNo. I'm writing a compiler that combines all required files into one and does minification on the result, and optionally turn it into bytecode. The bytecode step was omitted here to ensure maximum compatibility with different runtime versions.
You can compile to luajit bytecode safely, it's cross platform compatible to my knowledge. Love2d runs on luajit for a few years now so users having an older version shouldn't be a problem. See https://love2d.org/wiki/Source_Obfuscation
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

Uploaded another update with mainly cosmetic changes (and some fixes in the code base). Changed some graphics, added more sound effects and particle effects.
Fuzzlix
Citizen

Post by Fuzzlix »

Well done! Funny sound. Nice optic. It is Playable with touch screen too (eg: smartfones)?
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

Fuzzlix wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:37 pm Well done! Funny sound. Nice optic. It is Playable with touch screen too (eg: smartfones)?
Thanks! No support for touch screens yet, but I'm gonna start working on that soon.
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

Uploaded a new version that can be played with the mouse. Click a box to move a part there. Touch screen might work too, but I haven't tested it.

New version has music in the menu, composed by incognito_mage. Thanks, dude!
xNick1
Party member

Post by xNick1 »

Really nice and fun game! What about a mobile port?
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

xNick1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:21 am Really nice and fun game! What about a mobile port?
Yes, soon. Problem is, I'm really lazy and don't feel like installing and learning about all that NDK stuff :)
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

Uploaded version 0.4.1 for LÖVE 11.1. The old version for 0.10.2 is still available.

Although almost nothing was changed in the game code, and not much is going on overall in this simple game, it performs considerably worse with LÖVE 11.1 in Linux than with 0.10.2: stuttering and low framerate on my machine (a VM). The nogame screen shows the same issues.

It also segfaults when the game window closes. Seems to run fine in Windows though.