Animal Factory

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
ivan
Party member

Re: Animal Factory

Post by ivan »

Simple concept and easy to pick up - the game could be successful if polished some more. Love what you've done with the main menu, it looks great. Seems like a natural thing that the game should be designed for mobile first.
The choice of music is questionable - I would strongly recommend something that's "easy listening". No offence, but you absolutely need a mute button. :) Might be interesting to incorporate some rhythm based-elements to the game for added gameplay depth.
Now I have a hard question about the randomness in the game:
purebreds score bonus points
Is it mathematically possible to score purebreds only? I think that would make the gameplay a lot deeper. Not sure, might be more interesting/strategic if you have more than just four slots.
As for the code obfuscation, I don't see any point behind that, people would just steal your gameplay mechanic anyways.
Take care!
grump
Party member

Re: Animal Factory

Post by grump »

Thanks for your input, ivan. I made it as a simple tech demo for a rather large framework for which I don't hold the copyrights. That's why my projects are obfuscated - it's the only way I'm allowed to release anything at all.
ivan wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:25 pm No offence, but you absolutely need a mute button. :)
I agree ;) I will add one with the next bugfix release.
Now I have a hard question about the randomness in the game:
purebreds score bonus points
Is it mathematically possible to score purebreds only?
No. There's always a valid move, but purebred chances are random. I tested the 'perfect' approach, but it made the game too easy in my opinion.
people would just steal your gameplay mechanic anyways.
I did not invent the mechanics anyway. It's inspired by (read: shamelessly stolen from) the C64 game Assembloids, which stole it from Quartet. The main difference is the number of colors/animals - the original has only 4, Animal Factory has 10.