Tritri - block game, but easy!

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
bananpermobil
Prole

Tritri - block game, but easy!

Post by bananpermobil »

Hi guys!

Ok so, after I finished my last game (Happy Birthday) I just kept working and now, some days later, I have finished yet another game (!) It is up for free on itch.io. :)

https://ironchest.itch.io/tritri
steVeRoll
Party member

Re: Tritri - block game, but easy!

Post by steVeRoll »

Very original and fun concept! But at first when I saw the speed bonus I thought it was mandatory to make a move before it runs out. Took me a while to figure out it was a bonus :P
bananpermobil
Prole

Post by bananpermobil »

steVeRoll wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:12 am Very original and fun concept! But at first when I saw the speed bonus I thought it was mandatory to make a move before it runs out. Took me a while to figure out it was a bonus :P
Thanks! Do you have any ideas on how to make it clearer that it is just a bonus?
Coldfingaz
Prole

Post by Coldfingaz »

I enjoyed this a lot! And it's a really good looking game! Has a little charm to it. Where did you learn to do the animations for the backgrounds and title? They're really nice!
bananpermobil
Prole

Post by bananpermobil »

Coldfingaz wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:44 pm I enjoyed this a lot! And it's a really good looking game! Has a little charm to it. Where did you learn to do the animations for the backgrounds and title? They're really nice!
Thanks! Glad you liked it!

The animations for the title is just me messing around in ASEprite, I'm not really a graphic artist so I just try and try and try until I get tired of trying and then I hope it is good enough. :>

The moving background in-game is done completely with the built in particle system in love2d. I just use a 1x1 white pixel image and follow the same try-try-try-method as above.