Aim Hockey is on Play Store. Free

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
bgordebak
Party member

Aim Hockey is on Play Store. Free

Post by bgordebak »

Hello everyone,

My simple game, Aim Hockey is on Google Play. If you play it, and have questions, you're welcome to ask them here.

Aim Hockey at Google Play Store

Update: Aim Hockey is now free.
Last edited by bgordebak on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bgordebak
Party member

Re: Aim Hockey is on Play Store. Free

Post by bgordebak »

Update: Aim Hockey is now free.
MadByte
Party member

Post by MadByte »

Nice, but I think it needs more polishment. You could spent some more time on graphics and polish up the gameplay (collisions doesn't really match up / are wonky; gameplay lacks variety and some kind of real challenge). A bit more effort would make this way more enjoyable. :)
(also +1 point if you'd add a *.love to your post as well)
jojomickymack
Prole

Post by jojomickymack »

can you throw the .love file up here so we can at least play some air hockey? I read "free", "play", and "hockey" in the title of this thread, and I'm pretty sure this is a game dev forum.

SERVE IT UP! :ultrahappy:

me, waiting for your game
|
|
V
hockey.PNG
hockey.PNG (200.15 KiB) Viewed 5672 times
MadByte
Party member

Post by MadByte »

bgordebak wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:35 am Update 2: I removed it. Idk why, but it felt right to do.
Hope you didn't removed it because of my feedback :roll:

I've created an example which shows how you could improve the collision aspect of your game.
It's using love.physics and it was surprisingly easy to code (I've never really used love.physics before, but I will by now!).
It solves the wonky collisions (+ adds support for rotated shapes!), it feels better and it'd let you spent more time on the gameplay itself because the complex collision stuff is handled by the module.
PhysicsExample.love
(3.21 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

MadByte wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:14 pm
bgordebak wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:35 am Update 2: I removed it. Idk why, but it felt right to do.

I've created an example which shows how you could improve the collision aspect of your game.
It's using love.physics and it was surprisingly easy to code (I've never really used love.physics before, but I will by now!).
It solves the wonky collisions (+ adds support for rotated shapes!), it feels better and it'd let you spent more time on the gameplay itself because the complex collision stuff is handled by the module.
PhysicsExample.love
You gave constructive criticism, great feedback actually. It's the kind one hopes for when uploading a game, rather than nothing or "nice". If he/she took offense then maybe game development (and any internet usage in general) might be the wrong hobby.
bgordebak
Party member

Post by bgordebak »

MadByte wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:14 pm

PhysicsExample.love

No, no.

I'm sorry if I made you think so. It had nothing to do with your criticism which was fair anyway.

I was going through some crisis, and I unpublished my other game and an animation app I make also. It was only a depressive phase, sorry.

I republished the game, and will consider your suggestions, thank you.

Update: I see why you thought so. In all the turmoil, I forgot to answer and thank you. I'm sorry.