get.love (a game about a circle) updated to v0.2 or smth.

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
hopem
Prole

get.love (a game about a circle) updated to v0.2 or smth.

Post by hopem »

My first Love game I guess.
You are a blue circle and have to get the green circles that spawn around. Get a lot and you will be big. You also have to avoid the red circles because they will make you small. If you become too small, you're dead.
Move around by holding the primary mouse button and the circle will follow your mouse.

(I left debug mode on so that's why you can see the object positions and bounding boxes.)

UPDATE 2018-01-09:
Now food spawns more often and enemies spawn more often after 10 have spawned.
Also added an invincibility powerup that is probably spawning too often.
You can now "win" the game by surviving until 22 enemies spawn.
The game is still very easy so I'll work on that later.
(get02.love is the current version)
Attachments
get02.love
(6.05 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
get.love
(4.45 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Last edited by hopem on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jojomickymack
Prole

Re: get.love (a game about a circle)

Post by jojomickymack »

Pretty good for your first game! I got 100 points and thought to myself that this game needs a winning state, sounds, and some way for you to 'fight back' against the red circles.

Basically, the mechanic of clicking on green dots gets old pretty quick, and that appears to be the indefinite state of the game.

How about, level 1 - red dots are slow and infrequent - get 20 points, you're on to level 2 - red dots are faster and more frequent.

Other mechanic idea: click on red dots to eliminate them?

Great job though! It's definitely a game! :crazy:
hopem
Prole

Re: get.love (a game about a circle)

Post by hopem »

Actually what you have to do is hold the mouse button to have the circle move towards where you're pointing and touch the green circles. I forgot to mention that.

And yes, there is room for more mechanics like increasing difficulty. And I'm not sure about adding a way to fight back because the red circles go away when they touch you. Maybe sometimes an invincibility powerup can spawn so you can just run into them without any penalty.