A flappy bird clone : Untouchable Bird

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Urvorn
Prole

A flappy bird clone : Untouchable Bird

Post by Urvorn »

Untouchable Bird :

Hello everyone ! :awesome:

So first of all let's introduce my self : ( if you want you can skip this part I will not be upset :crazy: )

I'm a 16 years old french passionate programmer who is a real beginner in Lua and in Love 2D. I've started to program two months ago on a Commodore 64 emulator ( yeah, I know...it's really strange to begin with that but I wanted to discover how was programming back in the day. ) with some BASIC and machine language. It was really cool ( and hard but it's not a problem for me ) but I've decided to skip with it and learn moderns languages...starting with Lua. I've started two days ago ^^ so yes I'm a REAL beginner in Lua. I've discovered programming completely by chance in fact, I didn't even know we can create games ( weird...) and I found a website talking about that and I was very interesting ! So I begin to program and I'm literally fell in love with programming ! It's so amazing, it brings you in a world where everything is possible, with no limits to your imagination... So during the lat two months with BASIC I have created seven games : text games and 3 real games ( if I can call them like that ). And now I'm ready to go with Lua for a lot more time ! :awesome: :ultrahappy:

One of my dreams is to be an expert programmer of course but also to create my own video games studio in USA alongside studios like Bethesda or Guerilla Games...etc...and I will do it, I'm not joking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO anyway NEXT ! Let's go for my game ! :awesome:

This game is a clone of Flappy Bird called Untouchable Bird and was entirely made by me ! In fact not exactly because you know I'm a beginner in Lua and I need to be inspired and copy lines of code to be used with this language and also to learn how to create games with Lua so I've used a tutorial :

Here it is if you want to see it : https://simplegametutorials.github.io/bird/

I will not talk no longer because everything is on my Itch.io page ! Here you will be able to see everything about the game and of course to download it and play !!!

Just go here and enjoy : https://urvorn.itch.io/untouchable-bird

Oh and if you have any idea to figure out how to take screenshots of my game, thank you in advance ! :ultrahappy:

-- Urvorn
"The most important is not to succeed, it's to try to succeed."