Space Game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
SPlice
Prole

Space Game

Post by SPlice »

I have been working on a space game project for a while. I intend for it to be one of those trade for resources to upgrade your ship so you can blow up bigger stuff and kill all the aliens games. The recent release of love 11 has simplified some of the shaders I was using and made the whole thing more elegant.

I have an entity system that allows for many different render types and supports LOD fading and so forth. I have cube mapped planets with atmospheric scattering. Its fairly robust and can handle hundreds of thousands of objects loaded into the world at a given time provided they are not all on screen. It does depth sorting and camera translation so that everything is nice and pretty and allows for a movement in 3 dimensions.

I wrote a thing to render voxel like objects with ray traced shadows and lighting from several sources. Its pretty neat but I haven't taken the time to make any proper space ships for that system but I attached an image anyways.

I haven't really made much of a GUI yet, I don't really like that kind of work. One of these days I will get around to it. For the moment I am working on getting the different ship systems working such as scanning and targeting of weapons.
Attachments
ss3.jpg
ss3.jpg (94.27 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
ss2.jpg
ss2.jpg (99.66 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
screenshot013120181.jpg
screenshot013120181.jpg (69.71 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
steVeRoll
Party member

Re: Space Game

Post by steVeRoll »

Duuude this looks amazing! Will you let other people try it?
SPlice
Prole

Re: Space Game

Post by SPlice »

Yes I will. At the moment you cant do much other than fly around and I would like it to be somewhat playable before I let it out into the wild. I would also like to have some better art for things so I will need to find an artist or spend some time learning that side of stuff so it will be a little while yet. I graduate school this spring so I should have more time for this project soon.

(Edit)

I put up the test program I wrote while developing the shader. It prob has some glitches,bugs and so forth so be warned. If it melts your PC don't blame me, it runs fine on my laptop but who knows! It only does rotation in 2 axis because I haven't figured out quaternions yet and its not really needed for what I am doing. Take a look, let me know if you have questions, I would be happy to help if your trying to get something similar working.
Attachments
vox.love
(4.07 KiB) Downloaded 192 times