LoveSnake 1.0 rereleased!

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Snaker1
Prole

LoveSnake 1.0 rereleased!

Post by Snaker1 »

Here is a port for love 11.2 of an old Snake game I originally made for a very old version of love (0.0.6).

So the story is, back in the old days, when I was a young boy, I made a small snake game for love. After that a dabbled with some other games but soon I would lose track of the game making business. :emo:
I felt a bit nostalgic recently and looked through the old games I made. I thought, why not get on track again and try to actually finish games this time. And so here it is, good old Snake ready for 2018/19! :awesome:

The code shows its age and my lack of skill back then (and maybe now :ehem: ) but at least it is able to run on any potato!

It was really fun to see how much the Love API changed and how some changes are even a bit cyclical. :huh: I really feel motivated to make some new games.

Features:
- the old-school snake experience
- multiple screen resolutions
- support for most keyboard layouts
- Highscore table
- many options (speed, multiple live mode, borderless mode)

You can grab it here:
https://github.com/Snaker1/LoveSnake/releases/latest
Darlex
Party member

Re: LoveSnake 1.0 rereleased!

Post by Darlex »

I suggest using 8 bit fonts (Press Start 2P (foss)) and making the gui more blocky to give the nostalgia effect
Hi! I wish you have an amazing day!
Snaker1
Prole

Re: LoveSnake 1.0 rereleased!

Post by Snaker1 »

Darlex wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:40 am I suggest using 8 bit fonts (Press Start 2P (foss)) and making the gui more blocky to give the nostalgia effect
Oh that is a very nice font, thank you for the suggestion. :)

Will be some time till I make another release though, probably after Love 11.3. is released.