Page 1 of 1
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:50 am
Hi, I'm new in Love2D.
This is my first game titled SpaceXplorer. This is an endless shoot 'em all game.
The gameplay is very simple, we control a ship to shoot asteroids as much as possible using mouse click.
-- change log (03/04/2019). Added some new features:
1. Hi-score, Shield bar, fuel bar.
2. Aidkit for healing shield, fuel canister for refueling.
3. Parallax effect.
-- change log (06/04/2019). Added for Android version
1. Portrait screen orientation using simple rotation / translation.
Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:21 pm
Hi & welcome to Love2D, congrats on your first game!
Things I liked:
- It works nice and smoothly
- The sound/music is simple but effective
- I'm guessing it might work on mobile too? (not tried)
Things that might have been nice:
- A bit more time/space to react to the asteroids? I found that tactically I had no time to react which meant I was better just staying still and shooting constantly than trying to move!
- Perhaps a better "bullet" sprite?
- Power-ups to increase weapon fire rate etc.
- A variety of things to shoot
Kudos to you: what a brill first game!
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:35 am
Thanks for the advices.
I've tried to my Android phone, but there was a problem with screen orientation.
I have added some new features:
1. Shield bar, fuel bar, and hi-score.
2. Parallax effect.
3. Every time ship hits an asteroid, the shield will be decreased. So the ship has to pick an aidkit for healing.
4. The ship has fuel, so if the ship runs out of fuel, the ship has to pick a fuel canister.
I'm still working to learn how to draw a better sprite.
Thank you very much.
Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:50 am
Everything moves way too fast.
The bullets are way too small and a bit faster than I'd expect.
The ship is near the center of the screen shortening your reaction time even further.
The only way I can survive is spam bullets, don't move and hope a fuel thingy comes my way.
The parallax effect and other FX are cool tho!
Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:36 am
Thank you for the review.
I'll slow down the speed movement for the objects.
I plan to create some better graphics assets in the next version. I'm still learning how to draw the better game sprite.