My Computer Vision Homework.

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
bobbyjones
Party member

My Computer Vision Homework.

Post by bobbyjones »

So like I mentioned in a different thread I took computer vision this semester. I did all of the assignments in Lua. I grouped all of my image processing code into its own library... sort of. It is not at a point where I would want to release it as a library. I want to take it and divide the code into multiple separate modules. For example currently, it only has support for one structuring element I would like to expand that to have support for multiple different kinds. Currently, it only supports binary images, but I would like to eventually add support for color images. It needs better functions for converting from color to grayscale to binary. So as such, I am just releasing the overall assignments as individual creations rather than releasing a library with the assignments being examples.

The first assignment was to label components of a binary image.
The second assignment was to deconstruct a binary image to its skeletal set.
The third assignment was to determine what a handwritten number is by looking at bays, lakes, and etc.
The fourth assignment can be found in the Lua Neural Net library thread.
The fifth assignment was to use eigenfaces to do facial recognition. I did not complete this assignment. As such will not be attached below. The complication in this assignment was the linear algebra. I tried to write a good matrix library from scratch but it is actually quite difficult.
Attachments
HW3.love
(11.81 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
HW2.love
(7.95 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
HW1.love
(2.31 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
yintercept
Citizen

Re: My Computer Vision Homework.

Post by yintercept »

That 13 downloads is deceptive.

Something like 130 people downloaded it.

Looks cool.

If you don't mind my asking, what university you studying at?
Back in the saddle again.
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Just realized HW3 does nothing lol. I was printing to console but the console was not enabled. In sublime the console is always open. I go to Rowan University.
yintercept
Citizen

Post by yintercept »

Thats medical isn't? So is the AI project in relation to the degree, or an unrelated interest?

I ask because theres a lot of people doing things like teaching AI to interpret xrays and so on and the work they're doing fascinates me.
Back in the saddle again.
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

I think Rowan might be classified as a research university. not sure. It is a normal American University. It has multiple colleges and a ton of degree programs. I am doing a BS in CS currently. But I am planning to expand by getting a BS in math. As well as a master in both CS and math and potentially a Phd in math. Taking computer vision made me realize how important math really is in computer science. Unfortunately, I find out when I am about to graduate.