Connection puzzle

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
steVeRoll
Party member

Connection puzzle

Post by steVeRoll »

A very simple puzzle game.
There is a board with circles on it, you can connect circles to their eight neighbors. To complete the puzzle, every circle must have as many connections as the number on it says. Connections cannot cross each other.
sun puzzle.png
sun puzzle.png (46.83 KiB) Viewed 4443 times
Attachments
connection puzzle.love
(3.49 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Connection puzzle

Post by pgimeno »

Interesting puzzle! Reminds me of several in Simon Tatham's collection (slant and bridges, most notably).

I played through a puzzle and when there were only 9 remaining dots, I had to resort to trial and error. I'm not sure if it was because I don't have enough experience with the game as to develop solving techniques. Does the game guarantee that the solution can be reached through reasoning, as most in the S.Tatham collection do, or only that the solution is unique?
steVeRoll
Party member

Post by steVeRoll »

I didn't actually invent this puzzle, in 7th grade it was given to us as a challenge in math class. I don't know who came up with this puzzle, but the papers we got were created with logic and reasoning behind them. With this I just came up with a way to generate a new puzzle every time, I didn't think about the uniqueness of each puzzle.
YoungNeer
Party member

Post by YoungNeer »

*AWESOME* Puzzle
My Github- your contribution is highly appreciated
YoungNeer
Party member

Post by YoungNeer »

I COMPLETED THE GAME !!! I know I'm making a big deal out of this but I completed the game within 15 minutes.

My Github- your contribution is highly appreciated