Modern-Style Scoring System for your Game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
YoungNeer
Party member

Modern-Style Scoring System for your Game

Post by YoungNeer »

Many times when you make a game - you don't want to re-invent stuff. Like highscores, main-menu, and all that. So I've been working on something which I plan to call "Free LOVE2D Base-code for Everyone" or maybe you could help me decide the name. But anyways the project is still not complete. And I've only created HighScoreState that is not bad I think. Well you are the one to decide that but here's what it looks like:-

Please note that this is just how I made it look like. I mean to say that the state is highly customizable - Infact I believe by playing with the magic numbers (and changing the default resources ofcourse) you can make your state completely different from the original state (and maybe to the point that even I couldn't tell u used my library under the hood) It's not just the magic numbers that add to the customization but the entire base-code itself. Every function has been written keeping customization in mind. Say you don't want the particle effects then remove the essential function calls like initParticles and then keeping up with the error that shows up you can remove others such as update and drawParticles. And note that the default sprites used are mostly royalty-free so you don't have to worry about plagiarism, etc. To make things easy for you each ReadMe.md file in the main state folder has "CREDITS" section at the end of it - which lists all the resources like sound, sprites and fonts.

It uses Anima, hump.Class and a StateMachine library. Attaching the code to your game shouldn't be any difficult than shooting a frog in a barrel but if you can't for some reason - then I'm always online on the forums (atleast most of the time)
For more information you can visit the github link
https://github.com/YoungNeer/love2d-bas ... State/LAF1 - Casual/
Attachments
highscore.love
(729.13 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Last edited by YoungNeer on Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My Github- your contribution is highly appreciated
sphyrth
Party member

Re: Angry Birds Styled Highscore

Post by sphyrth »

YoungNeer wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:54 am Many times you make a game - you don't want to re-invent stuff....
That's actually why Game Engines with Templates were made. But one thing I like about Love2D is that it "forces you to re-invent the wheel" so that you can appreciate how those wheels function.

Anyway, I think this is by far the library with most potential. :awesome: A lot of mobile games have this kind of score system... not just Angry Birds.
YoungNeer
Party member

Re: Angry Birds Styled Highscore

Post by YoungNeer »

sphyrth wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:13 pm Anyway, I think this is by far the library with most potential. :awesome:
This is not exactly a library but :roll: yeah - a library of base-code so may-be you can say it's a library. And i'd like to point out that it uses Anima under the hood and 100% of the animations that you see have been created using Anima. And I think it's sad that Anima was the library I worked on the most and it's the *only* library that has not received any criticsm - nor has it any good reviews either which makes me really sad :(
sphyrth wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:13 pm A lot of mobile games have this kind of score system... not just Angry Birds.
Yeah but the 3 stars rating system was originally a "Angry Birds" thing or atleast the 3d effect was originally Rovio's invention
My Github- your contribution is highly appreciated