Octopussy's Revenge

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
juno
Citizen

Re: Octopussy's Revenge

Post by juno »

This game is amazing! Glad to see you got the sine gun working nicely.
Where did you get the music from?
wat ya mean she's in another castle!?
kesac
Prole

Post by kesac »

Pretty solid game. I liked the music too. Here is one bug I encountered:
jSjQW.png
jSjQW.png (6.38 KiB) Viewed 241 times
It only shows up when you launch the game and there is no save file yet. By the way, I noticed your main.lua file is absolutely massive (>1500 lines) O_O.
Have you met the Child of Winter?
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

kesac wrote:It only shows up when you launch the game and there is no save file yet. By the way, I noticed your main.lua file is absolutely massive (>1500 lines) O_O.
I second that. Plus, i tend to think that a significant gain in termes of running speed can be achieved reordering the code properly.
And some parts need to be abstracted a little bit, so that it'll be easy to add new stuff (weapons, new enemies typesn, etc...)
Anyway, that's a nice release! Good work on that.
YGOFreak1997
Party member

Post by YGOFreak1997 »

juno wrote:This game is amazing! Glad to see you got the sine gun working nicely.
Where did you get the music from?
The music is from the awesome YouTuber "Bunnymajs" ^^ Link to Channel

--------------------------------------------------------------

kesac wrote:Pretty solid game. I liked the music too. Here is one bug I encountered:

It only shows up when you launch the game and there is no save file yet. By the way, I noticed your main.lua file is absolutely massive (>1500 lines) O_O.

Is fixed ^^

------------------------------------------------------------

Roland_Yonaba wrote:
kesac wrote:It only shows up when you launch the game and there is no save file yet. By the way, I noticed your main.lua file is absolutely massive (>1500 lines) O_O.
I second that. Plus, i tend to think that a significant gain in termes of running speed can be achieved reordering the code properly.
And some parts need to be abstracted a little bit, so that it'll be easy to add new stuff (weapons, new enemies typesn, etc...)
Anyway, that's a nice release! Good work on that.

How I already said, I will try to write the code more orderly in my next game. But I'm too lazy to rewrite my whole code, not mentioned that I am absolute noob with OOP...
Also look at my LÖVE-Tutorial-Youtube-Channel (German ^^)
GitHub Repo: Click Me!
IndieDB: Or Maybe Me?

ÖBEY!
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

YGOFreak1997 wrote: How I already said, I will try to write the code more orderly in my next game. But I'm too lazy to rewrite my whole code, not mentioned that I am absolute noob with OOP...
Well,this project can be a good start, considering you already master the logic of the game, you'll just have to redesign to fit to OOP specifications. Eventually, I could fork your project on Github and work on that. You'll have codebase, and it'll serves your in your next projects. :ultrahappy:
YGOFreak1997
Party member

Post by YGOFreak1997 »

Roland_Yonaba wrote:
YGOFreak1997 wrote: How I already said, I will try to write the code more orderly in my next game. But I'm too lazy to rewrite my whole code, not mentioned that I am absolute noob with OOP...
Well,this project can be a good start, considering you already master the logic of the game, you'll just have to redesign to fit to OOP specifications. Eventually, I could fork your project on Github and work on that. You'll have codebase, and it'll serves your in your next projects. :ultrahappy:
Nice idea, I'll write you a PM because I anyway wanted to ask you some question about GitHub ^^
Also look at my LÖVE-Tutorial-Youtube-Channel (German ^^)
GitHub Repo: Click Me!
IndieDB: Or Maybe Me?

ÖBEY!
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

YGOFreak1997 wrote:Nice idea
Well, I'll do that soon, right now I'm pretty busy.