Wyrm

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
AlgidPlasma
Prole

Wyrm

Post by AlgidPlasma »

Hey, thought I would just show you guys this cool thing I made in a night. I finally figured out how to do some advanced color switching and particle effects :P
You use the mouse to control the Wyrm, you can crush both the people on the ground and the planes in the sky if your going fast enough (velocity > 200 or velocity < -200). Also, you can go in to wait/follow mode with the Wyrm by clicking the left mouse button. While in wait mode you can hold down the right mouse button to use your lazer (which can also destroy the people and planes). Just thought I'd show you guys ;) .
Attachments
Wyrm.love
(115.49 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
kraftman
Party member

Re: Wyrm

Post by kraftman »

Excellent! I really like it :D any chance you could add a score?
AlgidPlasma
Prole

Post by AlgidPlasma »

kraftman wrote:Excellent! I really like it :D any chance you could add a score?
Sure thing, I originally planned for it to have one but without a challenge its more of like a "How long you've been playing" number :3
Attachments
Wyrm_Score.love
(115.54 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
kraftman
Party member

Post by kraftman »

nice one! i got to 203 and then some how broke right click ><
kesac
Prole

Post by kesac »

Haha that was so ridiculous and awesome! Reminds me of Deathworm except more retro-y.
Have you met the Child of Winter?
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

You should make the airplanes shoot, and that's a way of losing health/lives. Smash the airplanes to score points, hitting people makes you lose points.

This feels like it should be one of the demos that comes with Love.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

This is pretty awesome.
Click mechanic is kind of cool.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Ah, that was simple nasty fun. Point scores don't be the same for humans/planes. Planes are less and give a bit more "work" to get there, so perhaps should give extra points. People can be massive killed moving left/right all the time. So we get more points staying in the ground than chasing some occasional single point planes.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

I just stay in one place, because that kills all humans that try to walk past me. (And they all do. Maybe it would be more fun if they tried to run from you?)
Help us help you: attach a .love.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Robin wrote:I just stay in one place, because that kills all humans that try to walk past me. (And they all do. Maybe it would be more fun if they tried to run from you?)
You right on that, it's even "better" score that way. We can even go take a cup of coffee and auto-score. That brings another problem. When the game ends or how to die? :D