That Falling Box Game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
kikito
Inner party member

Re: That Falling Box Game

Post by kikito »

A rather difficult and confusing game - but I guess that was intentional.

I also vote for the appdata dir.
When I write def I mean function.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Could be intentional all that rush but make it almost unplayable. Camera needs more proximity. No one should make so much effort to track and focus his own player. Also I wasn't thrilled to find and had to clean savegame orphan files in my home dir (that are only other dirs). Although the gameplay idea seems good.
AaronWizard
Citizen

Post by AaronWizard »

coffee wrote:No one should make so much effort to track and focus his own player.
I had trouble keeping track of where I was too. I think it was the constantly shifting camera view that did it. I understand if you were trying to make your game completely crazy, but still.
Kingdaro
Party member

Post by Kingdaro »

Alright, right now I'm currently working on saving data and profiles in the appdata directory, and I've set the camera's speed to 10. Before it was 20, people reported too fast, and before that was 5, people reported was too slow, this should be a good mean camera speed. If not I'll make it a setting so people can alter it to their pleasing.

I'm also thinking about making it so that when you respawn, a blinking yellow arrow above you points you out so you can quickly locate where you are without having to scan the screen from the sudden camera zooming.
kesac
Prole

Post by kesac »

Kingdaro wrote: I'm also thinking about making it so that when you respawn, a blinking yellow arrow above you points you out so you can quickly locate where you are without having to scan the screen from the sudden camera zooming.
Yes, please.
Have you met the Child of Winter?