Badger Battle - Turn Based Game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
viking badger
Prole

Re: Badger Battle - Turn Based Game

Post by viking badger »

Just a little update on the most recent changes.

* Added effect reports (tells you how much damage/hp Over Time skills give)
* Added a skill point system where you can build your skill set manually, instead of automatically unlocking skills as you level
* Updated some of the skill animations
* General bug fixes

Thanks for looking :)
viking badger
Prole

Post by viking badger »

Oh, forgot to mention that old profiles will no longer work! You'll have to make a new one to play.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

You missing show one thing in lobby screen or in stats screen. XP. It's not logic we have to enter a battle to see our XP. Skill points is a nice addition. However maybe something wrong with DoT. It put enemy with negative fractional hp. Also I defeated a level 3 enemy (I was 4) with DoT+two blows. Was too easy.
viking badger
Prole

Post by viking badger »

coffee wrote:You missing show one thing in lobby screen or in stats screen. XP. It's not logic we have to enter a battle to see our XP. Skill points is a nice addition. However maybe something wrong with DoT. It put enemy with negative fractional hp. Also I defeated a level 3 enemy (I was 4) with DoT+two blows. Was too easy.
Hmmm. Well, you shouldn't be able to use DoT until you're level 5. Are you using an old profile by chance? If so, you need to make a new one. Either way, I've fixed the rounding issue and also tried to balance it a bit better. I forgot to display the XP outside of the battle screen, but I'll try to remember to put it in the next update.

Thanks for the input. Let me know if you catch anything else! I've been working on so many things at once, it's easy for me to miss stuff, heh.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

viking badger wrote:
coffee wrote:You missing show one thing in lobby screen or in stats screen. XP. It's not logic we have to enter a battle to see our XP. Skill points is a nice addition. However maybe something wrong with DoT. It put enemy with negative fractional hp. Also I defeated a level 3 enemy (I was 4) with DoT+two blows. Was too easy.
Hmmm. Well, you shouldn't be able to use DoT until you're level 5. Are you using an old profile by chance? If so, you need to make a new one. Either way, I've fixed the rounding issue and also tried to balance it a bit better. I forgot to display the XP outside of the battle screen, but I'll try to remember to put it in the next update.

Thanks for the input. Let me know if you catch anything else! I've been working on so many things at once, it's easy for me to miss stuff, heh.
I went to check my profile (and was a new one). Sorry I was already 5 yes. But nevertheless when I played before battles between my lvl 5 against a lvl 3 (or two level distance) they never were so easy.

I confess I prefer do those kind of battles because it's faster to get xp fighting weaker enemies than fighting better rewarding enemies. But I believe now that it should be only because the rounding negative bug. Glad that I was fixed.

Generally I'm liking the evolution and the balance of things. If I notice anything else in next version I will warn you.

You won't get afraid if people were using other older profile versions if you put a version stamp in profile that would avoid load them.
viking badger
Prole

Post by viking badger »

coffee wrote:You won't get afraid if people were using other older profile versions if you put a version stamp in profile that would avoid load them.
Good idea. I'll make a note to do that :)
viking badger
Prole

Post by viking badger »

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've had a lot going on lately. Just wanted anyone who's following to know that this game hasn't died. I hope to have an update posted sometime within the next week or so.
viking badger
Prole

Post by viking badger »

Alright I finally have an update, and it's a fairly significant one. I've changed/updated/added a lot of stuff in the last couple of weeks. I hope you guys approve. As always, any comments, criticisms, and suggestions are greatly appreciated :D.

I'll go ahead and mention some of the highlights contained in this update, but a more in-detail (if somewhat vague) changelog is located inside the .love file.
  • Added new backgrounds for first 5 battles
  • Added sprites for all but 2nd mob (should have it sometime next week)
  • Added a pulsing red overcast to toons with negative status effects
  • Added a blue glow behind toons with positive status effects
  • Replaced the text-based HUD with a graphical HUD
  • Replaced the text-based skill reporting mechanism with a graphical skill reporting mechanism
The .love file is attached in the OP. Check it out and let me know what you think!
viking badger
Prole

Post by viking badger »

Added screenshots to OP.