An Awesome List Of One-Person-Games

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
User avatar
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member
Posts: 1559
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso)
Contact:

An Awesome List Of One-Person-Games

Post by Roland_Yonaba » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:53 am

Hi Lövers,

I have been working the past days on a list of games made mostly by one person.
So far, I have been able to get to this.
I am just sharing it with the whole community. If you have time and interest, contributions are welcome and wanted!

@Slime: I got Snayke in there! Yay.

MasterLee
Party member
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:03 pm
Contact:

Re: An Awesome List Of One-Person-Games

Post by MasterLee » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:35 am

Kaiser from Stefan Maday
is also done by one People
Also the first Clonk Games:
Clonk 1
Clonk 2 Debakel
Clonk A.P.E.
Clonk 3 Radikal
are all done by Matthes Bender

User avatar
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member
Posts: 1559
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso)
Contact:

Re: An Awesome List Of One-Person-Games

Post by Roland_Yonaba » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:48 am

MasterLee wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:35 am
Kaiser from Stefan Maday
is also done by one People
Also the first Clonk Games:
Clonk 1
Clonk 2 Debakel
Clonk A.P.E.
Clonk 3 Radikal
are all done by Matthes Bender
I'd be honoured to receive a pull request from you! :awesome:

EDIT: Added Clonk Series to the list. Thanks!
Last edited by Roland_Yonaba on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davisdude
Party member
Posts: 1123
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:29 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: An Awesome List Of One-Person-Games

Post by davisdude » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Would a game like this count? It's a huge game and he made pretty much the entirety of it by himself. He recently (around the end of last year if I remember) added two more people: one for art and one for sound effects, but he has done all the programming by himself. It's not released commercially yet but it's supposed to come out soon (TM).
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim

User avatar
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member
Posts: 1559
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso)
Contact:

Re: An Awesome List Of One-Person-Games

Post by Roland_Yonaba » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:22 pm

davisdude wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:45 pm
Would a game like this count? It's a huge game and he made pretty much the entirety of it by himself. He recently (around the end of last year if I remember) added two more people: one for art and one for sound effects, but he has done all the programming by himself. It's not released commercially yet but it's supposed to come out soon (TM).
Since it started it all by himself, it should fit into the list, sure. Would you consider making a PR please ? :awesome:

EDIT: Added to the list.
Last edited by Roland_Yonaba on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zorg
Party member
Posts: 1687
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:55 pm
Location: Absurdistan, Hungary
Contact:

Re: An Awesome List Of One-Person-Games

Post by zorg » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:23 pm

This one's not really a full game, since he doesn't quite have the rights to it, but it's still a bit relevant, i think. (He did recreate the first two screens completely by himself)
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/fan-is-cu ... -engine-4/
https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengine/c ... on_twitch/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2nl-G ... sbw/videos
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.

User avatar
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member
Posts: 1559
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso)
Contact:

Re: An Awesome List Of One-Person-Games

Post by Roland_Yonaba » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:00 pm

zorg wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:23 pm
This one's not really a full game, since he doesn't quite have the rights to it, but it's still a bit relevant, i think. (He did recreate the first two screens completely by himself)
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/fan-is-cu ... -engine-4/
https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengine/c ... on_twitch/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2nl-G ... sbw/videos
Sounds epic. But as it is not a fully finished game I cannot add it. But that was worth mentionning it, pretty darn impressive. Thanks!

User avatar
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member
Posts: 1559
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso)
Contact:

Re: An Awesome List Of One-Person-Games

Post by Roland_Yonaba » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:21 am

Just Added trAInsported by Germanunkol to the list.
Is anyone aware of nice game made with LÖVE that would be a potential good candidate ?

User avatar
zorg
Party member
Posts: 1687
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:55 pm
Location: Absurdistan, Hungary
Contact:

Re: An Awesome List Of One-Person-Games

Post by zorg » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:07 pm

http://borg.uu3.net/~borg/?netwars is a one person project as well. I don't know if borg intends to update it or not though, but the latest supported version is 0.9, and the server code is available, so technically it's still a workable game.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.

User avatar
Davidobot
Party member
Posts: 1115
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:18 am
Location: Game-Dev. Land
Contact:

Re: An Awesome List Of One-Person-Games

Post by Davidobot » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:06 pm

zorg wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:07 pm
http://borg.uu3.net/~borg/?netwars is a one person project as well. I don't know if borg intends to update it or not though, but the latest supported version is 0.9, and the server code is available, so technically it's still a workable game.
Actually, there is a version for 0.10.X! Scroll down and you'll see it:
I remember playing this back in 0.7.2; good times :3
My library:
LovelyMoon

Check out my current project:
Raycaster

Oh hey, I have a website now!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests