Using SciTE with LÖVE

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Uhfgood
Prole

Re: Using SciTE with LÖVE

Post by Uhfgood »

Don't know if anyone is still reading this thread but I want to organize some of my source files in folders. Is there a way to get it to look for main.lua in a folder that's higher up and still allow it to run when any lua file is the current tab?

for instance right now I have command.go.*.lua - so it will run it with any lua file -- however what if I have a source file in a folder... for instance c:\game\main.lua -- but the source file might be c:\game\source\somefile.lua -- when I have somefile.lua as the current tab in sciTE is there a way to make it say "ok go one folder up and you'll find main there" ?
Hexenhammer
Party member

Post by Hexenhammer »

Personally I love SciTE. However, the editor is only as good as its configuration. This configuration is of course a matter of personal preference but configuring SciTE is not that simple. You have to manually edit the config files and for that you first need to understand what all that stuff in there actually means. Normal for *nix programmers, not exactly welcoming to the typical Windows user.

So I uploaded my pre-configured SciTE for Windows people (like myself), the most noticeable feature being its color scheme. The color scheme is a variant of Solarized. I call it "Ocean" and find it incredibly soothing. Here is a screenshot:

(Screenshot removed)

Here is the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?8sjprzfkbj8srkb
Last edited by Hexenhammer on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
spectralcanine
Citizen

Post by spectralcanine »

This thread seems to be 4 years old. :|

But since it's here, you can just put

Code: Select all

command.go.*.lua=start love.exe .
and any lua file in your root folder will run your game.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

That approach works if you don't use Lua for other things than LÖVE. :)
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Hexenhammer
Party member

Post by Hexenhammer »

Hexenhammer wrote:Personally I love SciTE. However, the editor is only as good as its configuration. This configuration is of course a matter of personal preference but configuring SciTE is not that simple. You have to manually edit the config files and for that you first need to understand what all that stuff in there actually means. Normal for *nix programmers, not exactly welcoming to the typical Windows user.

So I uploaded my pre-configured SciTE for Windows people (like myself), the most noticeable feature being its color scheme. The color scheme is a variant of Solarized. I call it "Ocean" and find it incredibly soothing. Here is a screenshot:

(Screenshot removed)

Here is the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?8sjprzfkbj8srkb
I have updated my SciTE package to the newest version of SciTE (3.3.2). Except for that there are only two minor configuration changes. All files are now displayed in monospace by default (doesn't affect Lua coding, *.lua files were already displayed in monospace by default) and "Find in files" now defaults to "*.lua"

New download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vsyvj ... ite332.zip
Hexenhammer
Party member

Post by Hexenhammer »

Updated my customized SciTE to the newest version and made minor configuration changes. Keywords are no longer in bold and the fold margin background color was changed. I also made an additional color theme because I wanted a change.
The new theme is called Nightshade and is based on IntelliJ's Dracula theme.

Previews:

Nightshade
(Screenshot removed)

Ocean
(Screenshot removed)

Download links
Nightshade: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v72zh ... tshade.zip
Ocean: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3gz2g ... -Ocean.zip
Carotinho
Prole

Post by Carotinho »

Hi.

I'm new here, first message :neko:
I'm using Scite, too, but I've got this minor annoyance. When I run Löve, I'd like to see the standard output - such as that's coming from lua print() - in real time in the output pane. Right now I can only see it at the end of the execution: when I close the Löve program, the output pane is updated.
Is there a way to have the output pane updated in real time? I saw there's a message from someone else with this same question in the forums, but nobody answered, so I thought I could get better luck posting it here.

Thanks in advance,

Carotinho
riidom
Citizen

Post by riidom »

Hello,
try

Code: Select all

io.stdout:setvbuf("no")
at beginning of your code. I found this related to a differend IDE, but maybe it works in scite too.
Carotinho
Prole

Post by Carotinho »

Hi.

Yes, that did the trick. In fact I noticed that the output was somehow buffered. Very nice:) Should it be put in the wiki?

Thanks,

Carotinho
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I am very much of the opinion this is your editor's fault, since if it were to act as an actual terminal, your output wouldn't be buffered (fully buffered, anyway).