Free game resources

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
WiseAllec
Prole
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:48 pm

Re: Free game resources

Post by WiseAllec » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:27 pm

I found some tutorials on the net that might interest some people, all of them are on pixel art btw:

http://www.tkool.jp/fancontents/lecture/graphic/ - this site is in japanese, but they appear to touch every topic, sprite creation, maps, etc, very nice, unfortunately for me I am unable to read japanese, so I'm pretty much limited to just looking at the pretty pictures :lol:

http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation ... pic=3467.0 - has a very long list of tutorials and resources for creating pixel art, very very nice

User avatar
Tenoch
Citizen
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:49 am

Re: Free game resources

Post by Tenoch » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:18 am

WiseAllec wrote:I found some tutorials on the net that might interest some people, all of them are on pixel art btw:

http://www.tkool.jp/fancontents/lecture/graphic/ - this site is in japanese, but they appear to touch every topic, sprite creation, maps, etc, very nice, unfortunately for me I am unable to read japanese, so I'm pretty much limited to just looking at the pretty pictures :lol:
http://translate.google.fr/translate?u= ... r&ie=UTF-8

Well, of course, Google Translation is somewhat lame. :o But at least you have the words. You can put the sentences in the correct order yourself :roll:
"When in doubt, use brute force." Ken Thompson

User avatar
mike
Administrator
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:24 pm

Re: Free game resources

Post by mike » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:19 am

Perhaps add this?
SiENcE wrote:Do you took a look at sfxr for creating sinewave sounds. -> http://www.cyd.liu.se/~tompe573/hp/project_sfxr.html
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)

User avatar
qubodup
Inner party member
Posts: 775
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:21 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: Free game resources

Post by qubodup » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:30 pm

mike wrote:Perhaps add this?
SiENcE wrote:Do you took a look at sfxr for creating sinewave sounds. -> http://www.cyd.liu.se/~tompe573/hp/project_sfxr.html
huh?
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)

User avatar
mike
Administrator
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:24 pm

Re: Free game resources

Post by mike » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:34 pm

qubodup wrote:
mike wrote:Perhaps add this?
SiENcE wrote:Do you took a look at sfxr for creating sinewave sounds. -> http://www.cyd.liu.se/~tompe573/hp/project_sfxr.html
huh?
I was thinking that the link ( http://www.cyd.liu.se/~tompe573/hp/project_sfxr.html ) should be added to the list, even though it's not a resource per se.
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)

User avatar
qubodup
Inner party member
Posts: 775
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:21 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: Free game resources

Post by qubodup » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:12 pm

mike wrote: I was thinking that the link ( http://www.cyd.liu.se/~tompe573/hp/project_sfxr.html ) should be added to the list, even though it's not a resource per se.
but its already there isn't it?
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)

User avatar
mike
Administrator
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:24 pm

Re: Free game resources

Post by mike » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:01 pm

It is? You sneaky bastard... I'll leave now.
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)

User avatar
Inny
Party member
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:41 am
Location: New York

Re: Free game resources

Post by Inny » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:29 pm

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but at http://mapeditor.org/ you can get the free java program Tiled for use with making tile based games. Though, I'm not sure how equipped LOVE is yet to handle the base64gzip data.

User avatar
qubodup
Inner party member
Posts: 775
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:21 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: Free game resources

Post by qubodup » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:10 pm

lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)

pedrooliveira
Prole
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:51 pm
Location: Brasil - Nova Iguaçu - Rio de Janeiro
Contact:

Re: Free game resources

Post by pedrooliveira » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:10 pm

Thanks Man, help me. :megagrin:
Humildade sempre e Deus no coração.

Humildade always and god in the heart.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests