Unless it somehow avoids ALL the following "features", I'm not going to like it:giniu wrote:well, I hope for fresh design so don't judge too early, for now genre and setting is set, and that manner you can think also for example about Arcanum if you want, also steam-punk rpg and far from jrpg. But napco will decide for this project, as he came with the ideaTaehl wrote:Sorry, but I can't stand JRPGs. But spare you all that rant.
- A nonsensical, overly dramatic story (especially if it involves some kind of world-destroying ancient evil which can only be stopped by a few teenage prettyboys with ridiculous hair)
- Bad dialogue which is only half voiceacted
- A heavy reliance on number-crunching
- The best items can only be found by going to GameFAQs
- A separate overworld travel, normal wandering around, and battle screen
- Grinding (this includes "Hey Mr. Endgame Godkiller, you need to use my boat to get to the Mountain of Ancient Evil? Well then you'll have to find me the 25 Magic Medallions, which have been hidden all over the world!")
- Showing concept art or prerendered cutscenes and claiming they're in-game graphics
And most importantly:
- The Famicom-era "HAY GUYS LETS STAND IN TWO LINES AND TAKE TURNS HITTING EACH OTHER!" mechanic (adding timers, counter-attacks, troop positioning, combos, "limit breaks", or /any other gimmick/ isn't going to make this any less retarded and unfun to me)
In other words, if, I dare say, you guys don't make a JRPG. That being said, if you /do/ avoid all those pitfalls, I'd have a good chance of being interested, and would potentially contribute.