February Themed Project Event: Löve in all the Wrong Places

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
BulbaMander
Citizen

Re: February Themed Project Event: Löve in all the Wrong Pla

Post by BulbaMander »

scutheotaku wrote: Perhaps you could drive home the "zombies are in love not hungry" part with little hearts floating around the zombies, or hearts in their eyes or something?
That's a great Idea, like maybe a little pixel effect action going on, maybe a snazzy but short intro scene, I don't know man I'm liking this idea more and more. I think I'll go that route, with health packs, different weapons, and maybe different characters, I don't know yet though I don't want to many ideas in my head yet.
It takes an idiot to do cool things. Thats why they're cool. :emo:
scutheotaku
Party member

Post by scutheotaku »

I just started my entry the other night:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14538&p=77676#p77676
BulbaMander wrote:
scutheotaku wrote: Perhaps you could drive home the "zombies are in love not hungry" part with little hearts floating around the zombies, or hearts in their eyes or something?
That's a great Idea, like maybe a little pixel effect action going on, maybe a snazzy but short intro scene, I don't know man I'm liking this idea more and more. I think I'll go that route, with health packs, different weapons, and maybe different characters, I don't know yet though I don't want to many ideas in my head yet.
Maybe instead of health packs, you could come up with some clever zombie-repellent...so, instead of actual health/HP, the "health bar" would represent how much zombie-repellent you have left on you. Once that runs out, they bite you and you turn into a zombie :D
BulbaMander
Citizen

Post by BulbaMander »

scutheotaku wrote:I just started my entry the other night:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14538&p=77676#p77676
BulbaMander wrote:
Maybe instead of health packs, you could come up with some clever zombie-repellent...so, instead of actual health/HP, the "health bar" would represent how much zombie-repellent you have left on you. Once that runs out, they bite you and you turn into a zombie :D
That's a great Idea, but in the manga (I've decided to make it based of its universe) zombies are man-made via a potion. When you are bit, the poison is injected into you, and the only known way to get it out of your system is too munch on hydrangea leaves. So I think i'll have a bar representing how much poison you have in your system, and when you eat a hydrangea it will neutralize the poison a bit.
interstellarDAVE
Prole

Post by interstellarDAVE »

@Bulbamaster I would say make something inspired by it, but not do an adaptation of it, so use the same core concepts, but make it your own.
BulbaMander
Citizen

Post by BulbaMander »

@interstellarDAVE yea I see where you're coming from
scutheotaku
Party member

Post by scutheotaku »

I just put up a playable tech demo/alpha version of my entry:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14538
http://scutheotaku.posterous.com/anothe ... -05-update
interstellarDAVE wrote:@Bulbamaster I would say make something inspired by it, but not do an adaptation of it, so use the same core concepts, but make it your own.
Yep, I completely agree!
pakoskyfrog
Citizen

Post by pakoskyfrog »

Just to keep you informed i just released the alpha 0.3.1 version of my entry.
You can check it on the forum thread :
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14443
scutheotaku
Party member

Post by scutheotaku »

FYI
My entry won't be finished in time, unfortunately. It ended up being a larger project then I originally intended, and I ended up being a lot busier this month than I expected...