LÖVE 0.6.2

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
rude
Administrator

Re: LÖVE 0.6.2

Post by rude »

smartazz: It's probably because of the fix for the (epic) double-transform bug, but if you PM me that file I can confirm it. :)
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

smartazz: In LevelTileset.lua:166

Change:

Code: Select all

self.tileSetBatch:addq(self.tileQuads[self.map[y + math.floor(my)][x + math.floor(mx)]], x * self:getTileSize() / 2, y * self:getTileSize() / 2)
To:

self.tileSetBatch:addq(self.tileQuads[self.map[y + math.floor(my)][x + math.floor(mx)]], x * self:getTileSize(), y * self:getTileSize())
pekka
Party member

Post by pekka »

Please set the issue tracker version options (in the dropdown menu) to include 0.6.2. It only has 0.6.1 and earlier in it at the moment.
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

pekka: Done.
devyn
Prole

Post by devyn »

bartbes wrote:
devyn wrote:The right side is not stroked. In LÖVE 0.6.1 it is correctly stroked.
Correct, there was a size issue in 0.6.1, which has been fixed in 0.6.2, thus producing different results. It should be correct now.
But it isn't. As you can see, the line on the right has disappeared suddenly in 0.6.2. In 0.6.1, the whole rectangle displays correctly.

In 0.6.1, it looks like this:
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

bartbes wrote:
Jasoco wrote:Is this stdout file created automatically
It is not a file, stdout is the name of the standard output, which means it now has console output. On windows you're still going to have to enable the console, but on linux and OSX (as you use) you can just start it from any terminal emulator to see the output.
How do I do that? i.e. what do I type in the Terminal window to get my whatever.love to open in Löve? And then what do I do inside my Löve game to print the stuff?
bmelts
Party member

Post by bmelts »

Quickest way, assuming you have love.app in Applications:

/Applications/love.app/Contents/MacOS/love /path/to/my/game.love
Alternatively, if you want to save your fingers:

ln -s /Applications/love.app/Contents/MacOS/love /somewhere/in/your/PATH/
EDIT: this isn't actually working for me, it complains of an incorrectly packaged .love. Even when I run it with no argument. Dunno why, but you can instead try

alias love=/Applications/love.app/Contents/MacOS/love
[/b]
At which point every time you want to run something, you can just type

love /path/to/my/game.love
love works with plain folders, too, not just .love files.

Printing to Terminal works the same way it always has - just use print() (not love.graphics.print, just the built-in Lua print() function). The only difference with 0.6.2 is that errors are automatically dumped there too.
Last edited by bmelts on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

Yipee!
devyn wrote: But it isn't. As you can see, the line on the right has disappeared suddenly in 0.6.2. In 0.6.1, the whole rectangle displays correctly.
Devyn, I think that what Bartbes means is that on 0.6.1 the rectangle dimensions was wrong.

Your rectangle probably "got around this" and calculated the dimensions so it looked "good". But it was not "correct".

Can you paste the code you are using?
When I write def I mean function.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

That works really well. Thanks! Sadly it doesn't seem to dump anything there when the game actually crashes like I've been encountering. (i.e. hard crash where it just quits with no warning or error screen. Seems to do it when the wrong parameters are passed to Löve functions. Like when you pass an older 0.5.0 style love.whatever instead of a 0.6.x style "constant".)
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

Hi Jasoco,

In order to hunt down where the error is, I suggest that you put some print statements:

function f(..)
print('Entering f')

print('Exiting f')
end
print will output text to the console, even if LÖVE crashes. You can start debugging inwards - start printing traces of the "exterior" functions, and you will get to the troublesome line in no time.
When I write def I mean function.