LÖVEFEST IIII: Return of the Revenge of the Fest

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.

LÖVEFEST IIII VOTES

Yggdrasil TD (growing prototype)
50%
fishtank
50%

Total votes: 10

Stelpa
Citizen

LÖVEFEST IIII: Return of the Revenge of the Fest

Post by Stelpa »

Lövefest III is officially OVER! The theme was "Growth", there were 2 entries, and, with a close vote of 5 vs 4, the winning entry is... Yggdrasil TD (growing prototype)! Congrats to pakoskyfrog on the win, and I wish you luck in it's future development; the concept has tons of potential! Thanks to all who considered entering, and hopefully next fest (coming soon!) will get a bigger variety of entries to vote on, especially with the fest's new, prototype-focused approach to the competition (suggested by timmeh42). Perhaps next fest shall be more of a protofest? Hehe, who knows! Hopefully next time I get the roman numerals correct :P

Until then!

--Stelpa

Lövefest III's thread can be found here, if anyone is interested: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11453

Lövefest IIII Rules and Details

Lövefest exists to give people who are "stuck" a friendly, competitive, and fun way to get to work and let creativity flow. Entrants (singular users or groups) will have 2 weeks to create and submit their works based on a vague basic theme decided by yours truly (message me theme suggestions if you are interested). After these 2 weeks, there will be a 1 week voting period (using the forum's poll feature), during which anyone can vote (please do not cheat!). Works submitted need not be full-fledged games; prototypes, toys, and experiments are very much welcome. Any Love versions/libraries/extensions can be used, as long as they can run on other people's computers without much hassle.

Lövefest IIII Submission Template

Please use the following template when submitting your entry:

Title: _________________
Description: ____________________
Username(s): ____________________
Love Version, Technical Notes, Controls and Help, Miscellaneous Notes: ________________________
Last edited by Stelpa on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 10 times in total.
d_0o_d
Prole

Re: LÖVEFEST IIII: Return of the Revenge of the Fest

Post by d_0o_d »

I would suggest Candy as a theme for this competition. That would be awesome.
Stelpa
Citizen

Post by Stelpa »

d_0o_d wrote:I would suggest Candy as a theme for this competition. That would be awesome.
Neat suggestion! However, I'd prefer if you'd PM me suggestions, to prevent people from getting an early start ;)
interstellarDAVE
Prole

Post by interstellarDAVE »

Hrms, this puts me in an awkward position because I kind of already pushed at having a competition thinger and started it on the 1st.

I would love to do both, but I don't have that kind of time to commit to two intensive projects like that.
Stelpa
Citizen

Post by Stelpa »

interstellarDAVE wrote:Hrms, this puts me in an awkward position because I kind of already pushed at having a competition thinger and started it on the 1st.

I would love to do both, but I don't have that kind of time to commit to two intensive projects like that.
Eek, I just saw that competition! Hope it goes well, sorry if I am intruding on your compo-space, hehe.

I'd just like to point out that this fest isn't supposed to cater only to full featured, completed games, prototypes/experiments are fine :)
gogoprog
Prole

Post by gogoprog »

It sounds cool and less time-consumer than onegameamonth ;)
No registration needed?
interstellarDAVE
Prole

Post by interstellarDAVE »

Stelpa wrote:
interstellarDAVE wrote:Hrms, this puts me in an awkward position because I kind of already pushed at having a competition thinger and started it on the 1st.

Eek, I just saw that competition! Hope it goes well, sorry if I am intruding on your compo-space, hehe.

I'd just like to point out that this fest isn't supposed to cater only to full featured, completed games, prototypes/experiments are fine :)
I'm just worried about turnout. Ultimately its what the community wants. So next time we should join up and just run a vote what the community wants 1-2 weeks, bigger scope. short and sweet .. etc.

If its prototypes. I could probably make something if the topic stirs up any ideas.
Stelpa
Citizen

Post by Stelpa »

gogoprog wrote:It sounds cool and less time-consumer than onegameamonth ;)
No registration needed?
What do you mean by registration? You don't need to sign up for the contest in advance, if that's what you're asking :)
gogoprog
Prole

Post by gogoprog »

Stelpa wrote:
No registration needed?
What do you mean by registration? You don't need to sign up for the contest in advance, if that's what you're asking :)
Yes that is what I asked, thank you!
Stelpa
Citizen

Post by Stelpa »

gogoprog wrote:
Stelpa wrote:
No registration needed?
Yes that is what I asked, thank you!
Sorry, wasn't sure if you were asking if people need to be registered on the forums to participate (someone on the IRC asked me that).