About the new website...

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
vrld
Party member

About the new website...

Post by vrld »

I just discovered the new website by clicking on "home" instead of "wiki" and got a little confused:
  • The download link should be highlighted somehow, as this is the most important link for new vistors.
  • The second most important link, the one to the tutorials/wiki, is hidden in a wall of text. This should be on the top and highlighted, as well as
  • the third most imporant link, the forum.
IMO, just take the buttons on the top left of the forum and put them on the main site.
Opinions?
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

hump | HC | SUIT | moonshine
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Re: About the new website...

Post by Taehl »

Honestly, I really dislike the new Home page. It's like a full-screen shout box. Where the heck are the links to the downloads, documentation, FAQs, forum? They're all lost in a bunch of chat boxes... :huh:

If I was a new visitor to the site, I'd leave in about 2 seconds.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

TBH same.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Yeah, I think the front page is funny, but it's more geared towards LÖVE-oldtimers than new visitors, who'd be the only onese to visit this page anyway.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Luiji
Party member

Post by Luiji »

Maybe that home page would appear only when your logged in, but if your not logged in it would view the old one? The first thing I thought when I visited the new website was "Where the F are the links?!". At least we need a top bar. The chat box actually seems sort of like an FAQ.
Good bye.
Lap
Party member

Post by Lap »

I really liked the old one. Where's my "weeee rainbows"?

When I first saw the current page I thought it was just a one day thing while servers were getting back. That or it was some terrible technical error with a shoutbox maximizing.
Luiji
Party member

Post by Luiji »

Can this be converted to a poll to see how many people like and dislike this?

vrld: All you have to do is edit your first post and go down to the zone with "Upload Attachment" and click on the tab with "Create Poll" then work from there. The options should be:
  • Awesome.
  • Like it.
  • I don't give a.
  • I preferred the old one.
  • Lame.
Good bye.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Look, whatever we decide, I think we can all agree on that that page should not be the first thing new lovers see.

Yes, I'm hoping to elicit a negative response. Not to trollbait, but to get this discussion genuinely started.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

Didn't notice the new website until I read it here.

Funny but not very practical.

Proposal: put the main links on a prominent place, clearly seen, and highlighted. : Wiki, Forum, IRC, Download. However, I don't mind: At the top, on one side, taking or taking the whole home page (so it becomes a hub page with just links).

I kindof miss the the "wee rainbows" too. Was cute.

By the way: who draws those things? The clouds, the happy mountains, etc. Is it robin? I like the style.
When I write def I mean function.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

dammit kikito, you are not very helpful! you were supposed to be clinging on to the new home page, calling us all conservative pricks, etc.
kikito wrote:By the way: who draws those things? The clouds, the happy mountains, etc. Is it robin? I like the style.
No way, dude. I can't draw, especially not that pretty. I think rude does that.