LÖVE - OS X Snow Leopard Edition

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
SAHChandler
Prole

LÖVE - OS X Snow Leopard Edition

Post by SAHChandler »

I had a nice long informational post all lined up and ready to go when Chrome decided to crash. ANYWAYS

YOU THERE! Citizen! Are you aware that the version of LÖVE on OS X is currently only i386 and ppc and does not contain a native 64-bit binary? Were you also aware that by downloading the zip file at the end of this post you can get a version of LÖVE that is all 3? Of course there are limitations. Due to criminal scum, and a poorly configured dependency, this version will only run on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. There is also the matter of me not being responsible in the event of anything happening to your computer, as this software is presented AS-IS, and any warranties, liabilities, and such are hoisted onto the developers of LÖVE, as all I really did was run a few command-line options, and then hit a button that said "Build and Run", which doesn't really make this a derivative work.

ANYHOW. I figured after spending the past 24+ hours working on getting a native 64-bit version of LÖVE built, it would be a shame to just throw it away after all that hard work. And who knows, maybe someone actually wants a 64 bit version of LÖVE (I am aware that it is technically unnecessary, but having something in your native architecture is always nice)

If the program fails to run, please don't hesitate to paste the output from the exception. If anything is wrong, it most likely involves my messing up the linker paths (which is easily remedied on OS X). Enjoy ^^

The LÖVE starts here
and it sort of ends here but don't tell anyone that
Self Unemployed
Tesselode
Party member

Re: LÖVE - OS X Snow Leopard Edition

Post by Tesselode »

WOW! Citizens! I'm sure some of you will find this very useful! But did you know, due to external circumstances, that I don't have a Mac? And that I can't judge the quality of this? But that I decided to post anyway because the first post was too funny? For shame!
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Fair CITIZEN, I do have a Mac and will be testing this post-haste. Thank you very much for the opportunity to talk like this.
Luiji
Party member

Post by Luiji »

CITIZEN
Good bye.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Luiji wrote:CITIZEN
USELESS POST