LÖVE-Party First Movements

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Felipe Budinich
Citizen

LÖVE-Party First Movements

Post by Felipe Budinich »

I was thinking about the previous couple of hours before the Ludum Dare Jam. We should post the LÖVE-Party Manifesto when there's only a couple of hours left, so when people is anxiously checking the Ludum Dare page every couple of minutes, they are exposed to our awesomeness more effectively.
The LÖVE-Party Manifesto wrote:
We are here to blow your mind.
We are the LÖVE-Party.
We come to spread the word of LÖVE.
We will attack without mercy.
We will fight to win.
We will compete using unprecedented amounts of pure LÖVE!

With the help of our fearless circuloids we will finally get our revenge against both the indie game development community and the aliens - all in one fell swoop!
Our laser dolphins will scorch the skies, knolls will turn the ground beneath you into swiss cheese and sea otters will attack Hong Kong without mercy.

It is senseless to resist.

Wanna know what LÖVE is?

LÖVE is a word used by many, but understood by few.

The Encyclopedia Brittanica defines LÖVE as something too complicated to define.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say about LÖVE: Avoid if at all possible.

But LÖVE is also an awesome framework you can use to make 2D games in Lua.
It's free, open-source, and works on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
If you'd like to know more, click this "conveniently placed link":http://love2d.org/ or join us in #love on Freenode.

We will win, with the power of LÖVE!

P.S. Free huggles for everyone!
P.P.S. We are aware that there's no winner for the Jam, but we will win anyway. Resistance is futile.

Also I was thinking that we should be thinking about what to do the first few hours of the Ludum Dare Jam, so that we don't spend the first few hours of the Ludum Dare Jame thinking about what to do the first few hours of the Ludum Dare Jam. :crazy:

(the following text is going to be so obvious :-p) After the Ludum Dare Theme is unveiled, we should brainstorm a game design, after which, I and the other artists that jump on board will go on about creating screen mock ups, while the programmers go and discuss about which libs they should be using and all those concerns and.... that's what I've got, any more ideas?
Last edited by Felipe Budinich on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tesselode
Party member

Re: LÖVE-Party First Movements

Post by Tesselode »

Then we should actually make a game.
Felipe Budinich
Citizen

Post by Felipe Budinich »

Tesselode wrote:Then we should actually make a game.
oh we are on it :-)
Elvashi
Prole

Post by Elvashi »

FelipeBudinich wanted me to stick this up here, so...done! ^_^
Attachments
fistfulofbeef.love
extremely incomplete fistfulofbeef.love, featuring heavily brain-damaged bulls! :D
(343.9 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
"We could make a program for doing this for you, but that is for the LÖVE IDE, planned to be released in March 2142." ~mike
Networking with UDP uLove Proposal CCG: Gangrene
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

...what.