LÖVE 0.5.0

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Merkoth
Party member

Re: LÖVE 0.5.0

Post by Merkoth »

Wow, impressive changelog, nice work guys :)
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

Also, rasjani, you can try removing -lILUT, which is probably the culprit with respect to Allegro linker demands. ILUT is not used anywhere, so it's safe to remove it.
WiseAllec
Prole

Post by WiseAllec »

.love fusion
You can now append the .love file to the love.exe, rename it, and it will read "itself" instead of the game passed as a parameter. Examples with the game "no.love":

Code: Select all

(Windows)
copy /b love.exe+no.love no.exe
(Linux)
cat love no.love > no
Oh, and I admit I haven't really tested this in Linux, feedback plz.
I can confirm that this is working in linux, just tested it with the löve example browser and it worked just fine. Great release this one. Keep up the great work! ^^

Just a note, for the executable to run you must change the permissions of the resultant file to allow it to execute... in other words, in a terminal: chmod +x <filename>

Is it possible to set a custom icon for the titlebar icon instead of it just being a small window icon?
rasjani
Prole

Post by rasjani »

tido wrote:2) What version of GCC are you using? If it's 4.3.x, it's untested because I'm not running any distros with it atm. Can you find out which library is depending on allegro? And whether or not adding all of those links are necessary?

3) This is a GCC 4.3.x feature afaik. Rude will fix it.

4) Ooopsie... :P I haven't implemented it yet.
rude wrote:Also, rasjani, you can try removing -lILUT, which is probably the culprit with respect to Allegro linker demands. ILUT is not used anywhere, so it's safe to remove it.
2) Yes, 4.3.0 is what i'm running, standard gcc for fedora9. And as you mention it later on yourself, culprint was ILUT.

3) yes, well, just add #include <string.h> and it's fixed. Good practice to include appropriate headers even thou they are standard ones like string.h ;)

4) so i noticed, they where hardcoded in there ;)
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

WiseAllec wrote: I can confirm that this is working in linux, just tested it with the löve example browser and it worked just fine. Great release this one. Keep up the great work! ^^
Thanks, WiseAllec.
WiseAllec wrote: Is it possible to set a custom icon for the titlebar icon instead of it just being a small window icon?
Not currently.
WiseAllec
Prole

Post by WiseAllec »

Any plans to do so? It's always nice to have a little custom icon up there. :D
Mr. Strange
Party member

Post by Mr. Strange »

Hail!

I am so excited, I just peed a little bit.

--Mr. Strange
rasjani
Prole

Post by rasjani »

I packaged love 0.5-0 for fedora.. Prebuild binary for f9 and source rpm can be found here:

http://www.pcuf.fi/~rasjani/love/

So there ;)
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

How did you create it? I'll be happy to maintain .rpm-builds if it's possible to do in Ubuntu ...
rasjani
Prole

Post by rasjani »

rude wrote:How did you create it? I'll be happy to maintain .rpm-builds if it's possible to do in Ubuntu ...
Well, creation goes like this:

First unpack the sourcefile to to different folders - rename first as $ORIGNAME-orig, make the build working on another folder and then run diff against these 2 folders if they require any patches (*) and copy the patch file to same folder as source tar then create spec file & run rpmbuild -ba $SPECFILE and you get the source and binary packages.

Creating the actual packages can propably be done on on ubuntu too but propably takes a lot of work since both distros might have different sets of libraries and all sort of other depencies.. Best bet would propably be to install some virtual machine and install minimal fedora into it - perhaps even some sort of scratchbox (or chroot) setup if you manage to create some form of fedora rootstrap

However, i can maintain the rpm for now too and eventually try to squeeze it in into some of the official repositories.