What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
User avatar
Ryne
Party member
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:10 am
Contact:

What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by Ryne » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:33 pm

DominusTrex
@rynesaur

User avatar
zac352
Party member
Posts: 496
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:13 pm
Location: In your head.
Contact:

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by zac352 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:37 pm

I've been working on the Nintendo Rangers Engine. It's overcomplicated, and I can use it for just about everything. :P
Hello, I am not dead.

User avatar
kikito
Inner party member
Posts: 3133
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:22 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Contact:

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by kikito » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:59 pm

I've been working on supporting __index metamethod from middleclass (so classes have a 'method to call when they don't have a method). I'm trying to accomplish it before thelinx sends two Big Angry Guys With Baseball Bats to my place to break my legs.

It is thoughter than it seems, mainly because I already use __index to do stuff - I have several, in fact. And I don't find an obvious place to put the additional one. And I'm scared of the Big Angry Guys.

I have no picture to show. Do you want to see a picture of my cat? She's very cute. But she sleeps too much.
When I write def I mean function.

User avatar
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:25 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by nevon » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm working on trying desperately to pass one of my courses in cognitive science. Currently trying to describe the cognitive processes related to perception during a discussion between two humans, and how we could use this knowledge when trying to build more life-like robots.

User avatar
Ryne
Party member
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:10 am
Contact:

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by Ryne » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:06 pm

kikito wrote: I have no picture to show. Do you want to see a picture of my cat? She's very cute. But she sleeps too much.
Would I Ever!
nevon wrote:I'm working on trying desperately to pass one of my courses in cognitive science. Currently trying to describe the cognitive processes related to perception during a discussion between two humans, and how we could use this knowledge when trying to build more life-like robots.
Sounds intense :?. I like how you didn't say that you were "Trying Desperately", but that you were "Working, on trying, to pass." Are you a procrastinator like me :o ?
@rynesaur

User avatar
thelinx
The Strongest
Posts: 844
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:56 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by thelinx » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:49 pm

kikito wrote:thelinx sends two Big Angry Guys With Baseball Bats to my place to break my legs.
Just one phone call.

User avatar
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:25 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by nevon » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:01 pm

Ryne wrote:Sounds intense :?. I like how you didn't say that you were "Trying Desperately", but that you were "Working, on trying, to pass." Are you a procrastinator like me :o ?
Heh. I am a hopeless procrastinator when I don't have strict deadlines. However, I've somehow managed to make myself work. Right now I'm trying to find out how the hell cognitive processes related to reasoning fit into a discussion, and how that can be applied to robots. My biggest problem right now is that I'm literally months behind the rest of the group, and since this is a group assignment I need to find something to write that no one else has already written about.

User avatar
zac352
Party member
Posts: 496
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:13 pm
Location: In your head.
Contact:

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by zac352 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:20 pm

kikito wrote:I've been working on supporting __index metamethod from middleclass (so classes have a 'method to call when they don't have a method). I'm trying to accomplish it before thelinx sends two Big Angry Guys With Baseball Bats to my place to break my legs.

It is thoughter than it seems, mainly because I already use __index to do stuff - I have several, in fact. And I don't find an obvious place to put the additional one. And I'm scared of the Big Angry Guys.

I have no picture to show. Do you want to see a picture of my cat? She's very cute. But she sleeps too much.
Maybe I should now pass on some wisdom passed on too me: start over. It's too complicated. :P
Hello, I am not dead.

User avatar
kikito
Inner party member
Posts: 3133
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:22 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain
Contact:

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by kikito » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:36 pm

nevon wrote:Since this is a group assignment I need to find something to write that no one else has already written about.
Has your group already written about the Savant syndrome? Robots interacting with humans are actually quite similar to Savants. They have similar strengths, and similar limitations. Daniel Tammet's an excellent case study (since, you know, he can talk and everything). They've done a couple documentaries about him and everything. You can make a very multimedia work.

(Incidentally, is LÖVE somehow related with Mänti, BTW?)
Ryne wrote:Would I Ever!
I'm not familiar enough with that English expression. I can detect some emphasis, but I'm not sure it is positive or negative.
thelinx wrote:Just one phone call.
Glups.
When I write def I mean function.

User avatar
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:25 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by nevon » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:45 pm

kikito wrote:Has your group already written about the Savant syndrome? Robots interacting with humans are actually quite similar to Savants. They have similar strengths, and similar limitations. Daniel Tammet's an excellent case study (since, you know, he can talk and everything). They've done a couple documentaries about him and everything. You can make a very multimedia work.
It wasn't supposed to be a case study, but rather a general overview of how these different kinds of cognitive processes are used, and how we can better emulate them in robots.

I solved my problem by simply commenting on what other people had already written and writing the same things but with different words. :crazy:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: zorg and 1 guest