What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
CRxTRDude
Prole

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by CRxTRDude »

Yeah, sorry bout that, not that it's a hamper though, the slowing down time mechanic is a good idea not to be overdone.

Rewritten the platforming code of Nikki from scratch again and I want to show it, but I can't seem to find a good screen recorder for making animated gifs...
~ CRxTRDude || Will be out of touch for a wee longer than expected. Will keep in touch with soon enough. Sorry bout that.
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

I'm working on a dungeon-maze generation library in lua.

So far, this are my results.
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

SiENcE wrote:I'm working on a dungeon-maze generation library in lua.
Neat!

I'm assuming you're not using the colours for the final game, though? The wall-tile has a really weird look to it because of the repeating pattern...
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
OttoRobba
Party member

Post by OttoRobba »

Just migrated from Processing to LÖVE/Lua and, of course, being not pleased with some things I decided to scratch my own itch.

Therefore I'm working on making the best possible LÖVE IDE out of Gedit.

Sneak peek of one of the features for it :D

Highlight text + shortcut = Wiki search <3
jonathonyule
Prole

Post by jonathonyule »

Progress on Big-B --

Couple of things going on, when a bomb goes off, time slows down and allows for some interesting play of running into a group of enemies, setting off a bomb and shooting the rest. Might work this mechanic into different weapons.

Implemented some knockback when enemies are shot. Now realizing I need to implement a new collision system to handle more arbitrary shapes so I can build play areas rather than just having a big open area.

The gif is a snippet from a longer video

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3yewwqsdzg9e2 ... v-720p.mov
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

jonathonyule wrote:Now realizing I need to implement a new collision system to handle more arbitrary shapes so I can build play areas rather than just having a big open area.
Ironically enough, I was about to post about something that could help you: MLib.

MLib is short for Math Library, but it does more than just math. It can check collisions for any non-intersecting polygons. If you want to use it, you can check it out! :)
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
jonathonyule
Prole

Post by jonathonyule »

davisdude wrote:
jonathonyule wrote:Now realizing I need to implement a new collision system to handle more arbitrary shapes so I can build play areas rather than just having a big open area.
Ironically enough, I was about to post about something that could help you: MLib.

MLib is short for Math Library, but it does more than just math. It can check collisions for any non-intersecting polygons. If you want to use it, you can check it out! :)

@davisdude I appreciate that, do you have any experience with collision resolution? e.g. player reaches an edge I can get them to stop but skating along the edge seems very tricky right now
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

jonathonyule wrote:@davisdude I appreciate that, do you have any experience with collision resolution? e.g. player reaches an edge I can get them to stop but skating along the edge seems very tricky right now
Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with that sort of thing, but this might help you.
Good luck! :)
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

Germanunkol wrote:
SiENcE wrote:I'm working on a dungeon-maze generation library in lua.
Neat!

I'm assuming you're not using the colours for the final game, though? The wall-tile has a really weird look to it because of the repeating pattern...
Weell it's a library :), not a game.
Styx
Prole

Post by Styx »

new to love.
messing with stuff.
learning.

Banana For Scale.
Attachments
bscale.love
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 127 times