What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Jack5500
Party member

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by Jack5500 »

cval wrote:Playing around with holographic-like interface shader
http://webm.land/media/3qo1.webm
Are you applying a shader to your selection? Or what is doing the trick?
giantofbabil
Prole

Post by giantofbabil »

I said I would share a screenshot of SPACE CHOW! when I felt it was ready to have eyes laid upon and here it is! I'll also tell you guys a little about the state it's in currently, the backstory, and my plans. I was reluctant to share this much but I love this community and you guys have helped me a lot so far in making this game a possibility :ultrahappy:

©2015 Clinton Brown

Please be respectful and don't use my graphics, I work very hard on them they are all 100% custom from scratch by me, may not look like much to some but I'm not a huge artist so making the graphics has been a huge deal for me. This is the tutorial level shown in the screenshot, it's incomplete and subject to change, I plan on it looking a little better than this but I'm happy with it so far. You obviously can't see it here but the grass, "orb plants", and both sprites are animated(walk animation for character sprite is my avatar :D ).

The UI in the upper left is functional with each fish representing 1 health point and of course the score which IIRC will fit numbers up to 99 billion with the default font. The character can currently jump, double jump, wall grab, and shoot one weapon(weapon not animated yet though), the ooze shown in the picture is killable by both jumping on it's head and bullets. There are also spikes in another part of the level that can damage you if you fall on them.

The game is going to be arcade like in it's design so there's not much for plot but this is the story I have as of right meow:
In a universe where cats are the most technologically advanced sentient species a great tragedy has just begun to unfold. The galaxy's premier food corporation known as SPACE CHOW! has released a new formula dubbed flavor X, and it's caused cats, aliens, and all kinds of other creatures to mutate into horrific monsters. As a member of the SPACE CHOW! Tactical Quality Assurance branch it is your duty to cleanse the galaxy of the threats created and collect all flavor X cans for recall. Good luck, you're gonna need it.
For gameplay I'm very inspired by the SNES game Zombies Ate My Neighbors, and my goal is to re-imagine that kind of gameplay in a platformer environment. I want to ideally have at least 30-40 levels if not more with themes and varied tilesets, several different unique weapons with enemies that are weak against certain weapons and/or weapon types, customization to include different space suit options and possibly multiple playable character choices. I have a lot of other ideas as well but this is just the stuff that I want for sure, no compromises.

I have no idea how long it will take me to finish the game, so far it's been in development for only a few weeks but I am in between semesters in college so it will slow down when classes start again. I appreciate any feedback and thoughts on the game I'm very passionate about it and I want it to be as good as it can be, and when it's ready I plan on submitting it to Steam Greenlight.

Code: Select all

if enemy == lowerClassSaiyan and powerLevel > 9000 then
    love.graphics.print("What?! 9000?! There's no way that could be right!", 10, 200)
else
    love.graphics.print("You fool!", 10, 200)
end
kxait
Prole

Post by kxait »

i betrayed you guys
SFML/C++, just finished font shading, starting work on lua scripting
Hey.
jonathonyule
Prole

Post by jonathonyule »

Over the holiday break I wanted to put together a sketch of a game using the new love 0.10.0. The last time I used love was about 2 years ago but realized its structure is the most freeing for me to put together something workable. I really like the framework and all of the work everyone has put into libraries and documentation!

It's called Feb 5 and it's a simple game about ice fishing and the long stretches of time between bites. You can get it at http://jonathonyule.itch.io/feb-5

Aconitin
Prole

Post by Aconitin »

I'm making a game called Jadec, which stands for "just a dark echo clone", because it's 'inspired' by that :awesome:

There is a (more or less) two week old video that shows the game mechanics here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5mTebm5Qks

It also has two enemies as of now! One is a whisp that attacks you when it hears you ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjnU5FP2h4 ) and the other one is a boomerang trap ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDaoXzZx-_g )!

Oh and it has local multiplayer and you can easily make maps with paint :crazy:

Edit: Screenshot! Image
Katamori
Prole

Post by Katamori »

Prototype for a puzzle game; not much yet but the basic mechanics are already visible. Project link.

not active here anymore
lowcraft
Prole

Post by lowcraft »

Hello,

Not really sexy, but, to study löve2d by myself (and the lua language), I will made a snake like game (ouch).
drunken_munki
Party member

Post by drunken_munki »

Creating built-in-engine edit tools; Now I have gotten rid of my dependency to the Tiled map editor.

I will incorporate algorithm placement of terrain and objects next, for fast/smart map design.

http://omicroncubed.com/
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

2016 has started and we're one update closer to the release of the game.

Since our the last update, in december, we have finally started directing towards the fun part of the game. I'm putting together the mazes, adding puzzles, cleaning code and Marco polishing assets and starting to create new monsters, which will keep us busy until April, probably...

Yesterday, for instance, Marco has spent a day on testing spells effect, of which half is complete (meaning the do affect the environment, the party or the NPCs).

With the last day of 2015 Marco has finally completed about 220 illustrations that go along the game story. Next, somewhere in Spring, he has to play through all the 100 dialogues along with them ;-).

kxait
Prole

Post by kxait »

I have not entirely left planet Löve!
C++:

Lua:
Result:
Hey.