What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
davisdude
Party member

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by davisdude »

Wow, @sheepolution, that looks really good. Do you have any more info on it?
Everyone's doing some very nice things in this thread, very cool stuff!
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
D0NM
Party member

Post by D0NM »

Zabuyaki
Well, just changed the life bars + new throwing anim
Our LÖVE Gamedev blog Zabuyaki (an open source retro beat 'em up game). Twitter: @Zabuyaki.
:joker: LÖVE & Lua Video Lessons in Russian / Видео уроки по LÖVE и Lua :joker:
Sheepolution
Party member

Post by Sheepolution »

davisdude wrote:Wow, @sheepolution, that looks really good. Do you have any more info on it?
Thanks! Maybe you missed it but I posted a devlog on the bottom. That's pretty much all the info I can give you.
Tanner
Party member

Post by Tanner »

Hoping this is effective as a sort of minimalist Factorio. Mobile in mind.

s-ol
Party member

Post by s-ol »

Working on a 2d point-and-click game engine (and game) that (hot-re-)loads scenes from .psd files directly.

here's a video:

and a blog post :)

s-ol.nu /blog  -  p.s-ol.be /st8.lua  -  g.s-ol.be /gtglg /curcur

Code: Select all

print( type(love) )
if false then
  baby:hurt(me)
end
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

I had been contemplating it for a while as I was working on the prototype I posted before, so I decided to dig up my shelved 3D RPG engine to play around and came up with a new prototype that might work for me...

The main difference being that I decided to just snap everything to a 16 pixel grid instead of arbitrarily at 100 units per tile. So when I put in character sprites they'll be at 16x16 too. But I'll still have the option to up it to 32x32 if I need to.

I might be able to make something of the RPG engine after all. But I might not make it an RPG anymore. Depends. Shame though because I have such a great Inventory/Menu screen and Shop in progress.. Maybe I can salvage them though because they still work fine...

Jack5500
Party member

Post by Jack5500 »

Tanner wrote:Hoping this is effective as a sort of minimalist Factorio. Mobile in mind.
This looks really great. Are you developing it in the open?
Skeiks
Citizen

Post by Skeiks »

Jasoco wrote:I had been contemplating it for a while as I was working on the prototype I posted before, so I decided to dig up my shelved 3D RPG engine to play around and came up with a new prototype that might work for me...

The main difference being that I decided to just snap everything to a 16 pixel grid instead of arbitrarily at 100 units per tile. So when I put in character sprites they'll be at 16x16 too. But I'll still have the option to up it to 32x32 if I need to.

I might be able to make something of the RPG engine after all. But I might not make it an RPG anymore. Depends. Shame though because I have such a great Inventory/Menu screen and Shop in progress.. Maybe I can salvage them though because they still work fine...
That looks pretty cool. The menu system is really impressive, even if you don't use it for this game I'm sure you can re-purpose it.
Tanner
Party member

Post by Tanner »

Jack5500 wrote:
Tanner wrote:Hoping this is effective as a sort of minimalist Factorio. Mobile in mind.
This looks really great. Are you developing it in the open?
Thanks! I am but it's just a loose collection of mechanics at this point and doesn't have it's own repo. It's on this branch of my prototypes repo, though: https://github.com/TannerRogalsky/love2 ... ree/colors