What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Angrycrow
Prole

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by Angrycrow »

Unity Games. Lookin back on love fondly. Making music for other peoples games. Having a good time.

I learned so much working with love. I'll be back soon.

from

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1710407/XAN_9810.love

to:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1710407/Bleep/D ... layer.html

--
http://soundcloud.com/nixangrycrow

- Peace folks!
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
- Dr. Seuss
StoneCrow
Party member

Post by StoneCrow »

remember this...
well you probably dont :3
i made that after i became interested in working code around offset hexagons
but the game i made onto it was interesting too, but to unstable and confusing to release.
so now i reworking it with a different visual presentation
Dull but sincere filler.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

A kind of teaser of the platforming engine I'm working on. I want to show it off but I want to fix all the outstanding bugs first. I'm still having problems with collisions with non-tile-based platform objects. Need to implement wall-jumps. Tweak a few things. Add scripting and message boxes. Add liquid physics for stuff like water. And add dangers like collision callbacks.

I'm doing it completely box-2d free. It does have a self-created GUI system for controls though. Only buttons and toggles so far, but it works for me!

After I finish the engine, I might try my hand at creating a point and click "Out of this World/Day of the Tentacle/Machinarium" style adventure. Like every other project, I've started multiple times to attempt them. Every time I refine my process and learn new things.

After that, I'll go back to my Zelda-style adventure game engine.
GijsB
Party member

Post by GijsB »

Jasoco wrote:A kind of teaser of the platforming engine I'm working on. I want to show it off but I want to fix all the outstanding bugs first. I'm still having problems with collisions with non-tile-based platform objects. Need to implement wall-jumps. Tweak a few things. Add scripting and message boxes. Add liquid physics for stuff like water. And add dangers like collision callbacks.

I'm doing it completely box-2d free. It does have a self-created GUI system for controls though. Only buttons and toggles so far, but it works for me!

After I finish the engine, I might try my hand at creating a point and click "Out of this World/Day of the Tentacle/Machinarium" style adventure. Like every other project, I've started multiple times to attempt them. Every time I refine my process and learn new things.

After that, I'll go back to my Zelda-style adventure game engine.
thats pretty awesome :O
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Sexy sexy phong shading + bump mapping

GijsB
Party member

Post by GijsB »

slime wrote:Sexy sexy phong shading + bump mapping

:shock: :o :crazy: :ultrashocked:
that's what i felt when i saw that
Rad3k
Citizen

Post by Rad3k »

slime wrote:Sexy sexy phong shading + bump mapping
That looks really awesome :) I imagine an effect like this could be used to make 3d-looking, realistically shaded backgrounds (or objects, or anything) in 2d platformers.

Currently I'm working on my own hybrid gui/menu system - flexible, stylable in CSS-like manner. Right now I'm perfecting the layout engine :)
Looks like I'll end up writing an equivalent of a web browser just for the menus in a simple game... Well, at least I'm learning something :P
tsturzl
Party member

Post by tsturzl »

slime, you should post some source to that, I think I could learn a good bit from it.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Source soon™... the current optimized shader is really really ugly to look at (also parts of it are automatically placed by a parser). The unoptimized version is much easier to understand.

Also, the bad framerate there is only because I was recording. It's normally 1.5ms frame time regardless of whether i have the shader on or off.
StoneCrow
Party member

Post by StoneCrow »

wow thats amazing!

Edit : been playing around with pixelmaps.
uses a red version of the image with areas erased to colour the sky and the other stuff different colours
Dull but sincere filler.