What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Alexar
Party member

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by Alexar »

mikeisinlove wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:24 am I've been looking for some kind of text editor component to use, is that a public one you're using or is it just something you made specifically for that?
nah,just a modification of loveframes ui suit.
Rubbermaid
Prole

Post by Rubbermaid »

At the start of the year I started coding up what I was hoping to be a platform fighter, inspired by the movement mechanics of Super Smash Bros. Melee and Shrek Superslam. After about a week I found myself unable to make much progress, and I've decided to postpone it for the time being. With fighting games I've realised that gameplay and animations have to be developed hand-in-hand, and character animation is beyond my skillset at the current point in time.

Here's what it looked like after the first three or four days:

Stifu
Party member

Post by Stifu »

Rubbermaid wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:22 pmWith fighting games I've realised that gameplay and animations have to be developed hand-in-hand, and character animation is beyond my skillset at the current point in time.
Maybe you could temporarily borrow some random graphics for now (like, ripped from old games) so you can make more progress? Or simply draw very crude animations (like sketchy silhouettes).
Zabuyaki, our upcoming beat 'em up: https://www.zabuyaki.com
Countzero
Prole

Post by Countzero »

Rubbermaid wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:22 pm With fighting games I've realised that gameplay and animations have to be developed hand-in-hand, and character animation is beyond my skillset at the current point in time.
Or you can use this:

https://opengameart.org/content/cat-fig ... rite-sheet
drhayes
Prole

Post by drhayes »

I'm working on a metroidvania (because of course I am, everyone is) called, for now, Basement. It's got crafting and, eventually, will have procedurally-generated levels and boss fights.

Here are some screenies:

Destroying a drone with a normal shot. Looks like it dropped some nanites:

Crafting a normal damage component:

Crafting a range extender. I want it to cost less energy per shot, so it has some nanite cost:

JoshuaScholar
Prole

Post by JoshuaScholar »

mikeisinlove wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:24 am
Alexar wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:57 am GIF3.gif
shader editor and live compile. audio/graphic/video supported and shadertoy code phaser.
I've been looking for some kind of text editor component to use, is that a public one you're using or is it just something you made specifically for that?
I wrote a multiline text edit control that could be turned into an editor window.

Also for text based stuff, I posted a pull request (submitted a new feature for evaluation) that allows you to print subpixel rendered text (Windows, Mac and Freetype all have a feature to use the positions of the red green and blue lines on a display lcd to increase the resolution of text) that's why text in love looks a bit blocky compared with text outside love.
ShriekBob
Prole

Post by ShriekBob »

I'm trying to remake a couch co-op zombie shooter I made at Uni. Really basic, 4 players, small arena, shoot zombies, top-down.

The plan is to add a randomly generated city that you can walk around, expand the zombies to have a few (say 4-6) different types, and then either make it like the "Zombies" board game, with the goal being to get to the helipad, or possibly to make it survival based.

So far progress is all boilerplate. Learning Love, setting up scenes, areas, a basic game object, input handling, learning the module system, deciding on project structure, etc. I've got all that in place and pixel perfect camera at 420x270. So I now have a dude that can run around a blank screen.

I'm thinking I might make take what I have so far and upload it to github as a basic starter pack I can use over and over for prototyping.

I'm also using stand-in assets from kenney.nl, the top down pixelized assets, but I might switch to the higher res vector style assets and up the target res, I'm not sure.
"There's no place like ::"
SirRanjid
Prole

Post by SirRanjid »

Implementing a neural network and backpropagation.

ImageImage
(Tries turning the net into a XOR function; line is the decreasing error)
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

I'm working on an old school 2d procedural rpg. It's been hanging around in the back of my mind for years, but I only just found Love a couple months ago.

EDIT - I decided to release what I'd "accomplished" so far. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=84984
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
MissDanish
Citizen

Post by MissDanish »

I've been working on a game called project japan, instead of building my own editor (which btw is not worth it, I have tried it several times) I am using tiled and STI. I can spawn particle emitters, door trigger things and lights all from Tiled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXC_aliqkT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FWIHpBjRWc

I'm using the object type editor to speed up development, otherwise I'd have to copy things like lights in from other levels or write in each custom property every time which is time consuming:
2018-03-10 18_06_24-spawn.tmx - Tiled.png
2018-03-10 18_06_24-spawn.tmx - Tiled.png (60.85 KiB) Viewed 9214 times