Community Ideas

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
rude
Administrator

Community Ideas

Post by rude »

Ok, some of you have already suggested improvements to make the home page more interesting. It's probably a good idea to gather all those stray ideas in one thread. ;)

So far:
  • A Wiki, or wikification of the documentation.
  • A projects page, where users can register their games, libraries, etc.
Anything else?
qubodup
Inner party member

Re: Community Ideas

Post by qubodup »

• Link to those http folders (was it more than one?) that contain this stuff (um, the logos.. was there anything else?)
I remembered one more thing:
  • I how the TIG Forums have the chat room information integrated in the banner. I would like such a thing.
tidoes.png
tidoes.png (18.43 KiB) Viewed 12854 times
Following code could do the trick. Perhaps left to the RSS Icon. Though I's not perfectly visible there I think

Code: Select all

Join us via IRC in <a href="http://embed.mibbit.com/?server=irc.freenode.net&nick=Guest&channel=%23loveclub&chatOutputShowTimes=true" title="Server: irc.freenode.net Room: #loveclub">Löve Club</a>.
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
Green_Hell
Citizen

Post by Green_Hell »

qubodup wrote:Link to those http folders (was it more than one?) that contain this stuff (um, the logos.. was there anything else?)
As far as I know there is:
rude wrote:A Wiki, or wikification of the documentation.
In my opinion, official docs should remain and wiki docs should be additional.
rude wrote:A projects page, where users can register their games, libraries, etc.
Are you going to connect this project page with other project hosting sites (like ohloh does it) or to do your own hosting service (like sourceforge, googlecode)?
>>I love LÖVE.<<
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

I just had this idea...

if ever something like a TODO list is gonna be published, it has to be called TÖDO or TÖDÖ or TODÖ list!

Post Scriptum
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

You know you're insane, right? :D
Green_Hell
Citizen

Post by Green_Hell »

rude wrote:You know you're insane, right? :D
Agreed. :) And that's what I like on him.
>>I love LÖVE.<<
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

Perhaps we should just parse every single post in this forum and add ümläüts whërëvër thëÿ mäÿ fït.
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

A Lua syntax highlighter for the forum code boxes would be a nice touch.

Unfortunately, there is no mod for phpbb3 and GeSHi has no built-in support for phpbb3.
Lord Tim
Prole

Post by Lord Tim »

I've seen this a couple of places, and maybe it doesn't work as well in this context, but you could have a page that lists all the prospective additions to Löve, and people can vote on what they want the most, or add to the list. That way you'll be able to see what to work on first and get more ideas.
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

Lord Tim wrote:I've seen this a couple of places, and maybe it doesn't work as well in this context, but you could have a page that lists all the prospective additions to Löve, and people can vote on what they want the most, or add to the list. That way you'll be able to see what to work on first and get more ideas.
You mean a wish list? Where have you seen it? If it allows voting it sounds interesting, as I have not seen such a system with votes yet.