Future features

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
mike
Administrator

Re: Future features

Post by mike »

Suggestion: this thread should be killed (locked) and a new thread should be created in it's place which should mimic the "game resources" thread so that we can keep a track of what features that is wanted and so that people can know what has been said before without having to look through 8 pages of axllslslls explaining that we're doing it wrong. Now, if you'll excuse me I am coughing my lungs out so I will return later.

/mike away
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)
rude
Administrator

Post by rude »

Sooner or later the thread will grow big and strong again, and we'll have the same problem.

1) It should be enough that I update the first post, or
2) We should create a separate board for feature requests and future interface discussion.

^-^)/
Sardtok
Party member

Post by Sardtok »

rude wrote:2) We should create a separate board for feature requests and future interface discussion.
Yes, a single board called Everything, doesn't quite cut it, and an own thread for different feature requests makes a lot of sense.
I figure you were planning on splitting this forum into different boards already, but simply hadn't found the need to yet, or what boards would be needed.
Take off every Zigg for great rapist.
Now, outgay that!
fleg

Post by fleg »

Right you are, dr. zig.... The board should be divided when the need arises. As long as there isn't that many members, it feels weird, but maybe the time is now? It's normal to gather everything in a single board as long as the member-count is low, and then expand as the need arises. In this way new members aren't frightened by the number of boards, and discussion is stimulated. Mmmmm.

edit: I was mildly retarded when I wrote this, but actually managed to stay somewhat coherent. What a pleasant surprise.
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

rude wrote:
alxs wrote: Oh, I thought you were both equal "partners" here
We kind of are ... although I refuse to accept "partner"; it somehow has a homosexual ring to it. ^.^
You are two men, doing love together... Isn't it enough already?
rude wrote:True ... collision detection is possible to do in Lua, whereas the file handling must be done natively. (Actually, the io library in Lua might be available, but it will soon be made unavailable).
I'll avoid comments on this one

Anyway, why did this thread get lost? It'd be nice discussing about feature suggestion instead of simply suggesting them via issue tracker
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
Petunien
Party member

Post by Petunien »

Nixola wrote: Anyway, why did this thread get lost?
I think it's because it's about 4 years old. I'd like a *new* thread for discussing about feature suggestions too. :)
"Docendo discimus" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

You can make one, but for suggestions you're on the wrong place on the forums, there's an issue tracker for this!