What do you do while you code?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Eamonn
Party member

Re: What do you do while you code?

Post by Eamonn »

baconhawka7x wrote:Usually I listen to EDM. But on occasion I will watch Ethoslab While I code.
I didn't know Sock Munkee liked Etho! :D For some reason I can listen to music, but if something is supposed to be a video(like a YouTube video(IE Etho)) I can't watch it for some reason(I only have 1 monitor, so... ).

Seems like a lot of people listen to music while they code.
"In those quiet moments, you come into my mind" - Liam Reilly
bdjnk
Citizen

Post by bdjnk »

Sometimes I listen to music, but mostly I pump clenched fists angrily and curse my computer, the language, my own silliness, etc.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

I listen do deep house, it really set me on the mood to code a straight week, or even more :joker:
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
yarlesp
Prole

Post by yarlesp »

jazz or krautrock or 3rd wave detroit techno, and drink.
Plu
Inner party member

Post by Plu »

jjmafiae wrote:veethree i dont think its healthy for you to smoke.
The coffee is probably worse for his health than the marijuana :P

As for me... I listen to music, chat with people, browse forums... and somehow still get work done at the end of the day. I don't know how that works, but it does...
Eamonn
Party member

Post by Eamonn »

Can we stop with the Marijuana? ;) But the coffee would be worse, assuming you take more coffee then Marijuana. Then again, I'm only guessing, but anyway, enough talk about drugs and who takes them. Everyone has their own opinion.

I have a tab for YouTube open for music, a Facebook tab, a tab for YouTube that I refresh every 30 minutes or so to see if there's a new song suggested for me or a video uploaded that I could take a break and watch, and a LÖVE Forum tab. Like I said, I check these every 30 minutes or so.
"In those quiet moments, you come into my mind" - Liam Reilly
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

Eamonn wrote:Can we stop with the Marijuana? ;) But the coffee would be worse, assuming you take more coffee then Marijuana. Then again, I'm only guessing, but anyway, enough talk about drugs and who takes them. Everyone has their own opinion.

I have a tab for YouTube open for music, a Facebook tab, a tab for YouTube that I refresh every 30 minutes or so to see if there's a new song suggested for me or a video uploaded that I could take a break and watch, and a LÖVE Forum tab. Like I said, I check these every 30 minutes or so.
You should not use facebook because the NSA can see everything you write and stuff
MPQC
Citizen

Post by MPQC »

jjmafiae wrote:You should not use *insert anything related to the internet here* because the NSA can see everything you write and stuff
FTFY.
riidom
Citizen

Post by riidom »

Mostly silence, sometimes music like electric violine or chilled filmscores. I try hard to not look at IRC or in my browser inbetween, I do just sometimes, when I need a break to relax my brain for a moment.
IAsep-TrixI
Citizen

Post by IAsep-TrixI »

I'll usually watch some indie game lets plays along with some techno, sometimes even K-pop if I feel like I'm about to burst
An agent of the free

check out the game I'm doing with Jkash!