ALT+0214

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: ALT+0214

Post by Robin »

Xcmd wrote:
Robin wrote:Wow. I can use "o :). (Downside: to type " I have to do "(Space) or "") :ehem: .
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Yes, sorry, I was being a bit vague. I meant: if I press Shift+' (i.e. what would get " normally), nothing happens yet. If I press a key like "o", I get ö. If I press a key that doesn't come with dots, like t, the result is "t. If I press the space bar, I get only a ". A feature of the system I think, because it doesn't work on Xubuntu.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

Wow, this seems really complicated. As a Norwegian, I have a ¨ button on my keyboard which, in a combination with o, creates ö. Lucky me ^^
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)
Xcmd
Party member

Post by Xcmd »

Robin wrote:Yes, sorry, I was being a bit vague. I meant: if I press Shift+' (i.e. what would get " normally), nothing happens yet. If I press a key like "o", I get ö. If I press a key that doesn't come with dots, like t, the result is "t. If I press the space bar, I get only a ". A feature of the system I think, because it doesn't work on Xubuntu.
Which system are you using? Kubuntu?
We don't borrow, we don't read, we don't rent, we don't lease, we take the minds!
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Xcmd wrote:Which system are you using? Kubuntu?
No, Windows XP. This machine dual-boots Windows XP and Xubuntu. Under XP (or on my Eee PC with Xandros for that matter), this feature works, but if I use Xubuntu, it doesn't work, which suggests it's a feature of the operating system (not the kernel, but the whole system) rather than the keyboard.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Xcmd
Party member

Post by Xcmd »

Ah.
We don't borrow, we don't read, we don't rent, we don't lease, we take the minds!
Sardtok
Party member

Post by Sardtok »

mike wrote:Wow, this seems really complicated. As a Norwegian, I have a ¨ button on my keyboard which, in a combination with o, creates ö. Lucky me ^^
Combining diacritic marks as part of the keybóard's kèys fõr tëh wîn. Of course we're missing the caron, so we can't write Slavic languages, and we're missing the ones used in phonetics. And we can't write cedilla, that weird French c. *shrug*
Take off every Zigg for great rapist.
Now, outgay that!
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

Sardtok wrote:
mike wrote:Wow, this seems really complicated. As a Norwegian, I have a ¨ button on my keyboard which, in a combination with o, creates ö. Lucky me ^^
Combining diacritic marks as part of the keybóard's kèys fõr tëh wîn. Of course we're missing the caron, so we can't write Slavic languages, and we're missing the ones used in phonetics. And we can't write cedilla, that weird French c. *shrug*
Wow, you never change do you? Do we have to implement the Zig filter here too?
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)
jujurackham
Prole

Post by jujurackham »

För Frënch pëöplë, ït's müch ëäsïër. Thë ¨ sÿmböl ïs ön thë këÿböärd, nëxt tö the "p"!
And viva the weird french ç ! :P